Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Update books in Callibre DB

I guess this question is asked frequently so I apologize for not reading all the 121,219 posts in this forum.

Is there any way to update a book in callibre database? In almost all cases i made books with sigil, and if there's a correction, callibre db needs to be updated as well.

Importing the new version of the book will lead to a new entry in the db, but i want just overwrite the old one.

Thanks for patience....
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmat1 View Post
I guess this question is asked frequently so I apologize for not reading all the 121,219 posts in this forum.

Is there any way to update a book in callibre database? In almost all cases i made books with sigil, and if there's a correction, callibre db needs to be updated as well.

Importing the new version of the book will lead to a new entry in the db, but i want just overwrite the old one.

Thanks for patience....
If you had used the Open With (Sigil) Plugin, you would be done as it works on the actual version (beneath Calibre's skirts) in the Library.

But since you have not:
Open the Metadata editor: Drag and drop the newer version into the formats area, it till replace as soon as you close the editor.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Open the Metadata editor: Drag and drop the newer version into the formats area, it till replace as soon as you close the editor.
Thanks
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Or just drag straight onto the book details pane on the other side. No need to open/close metadata edit window. No chance to "undo" if you do this though if you are replacing a format.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote