Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
pattermj
pattermj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Serial of 1001 stuck at 1.5

So read through a few of the threads and I remember reading about some problems when I originally found this site a few months ago so I decided to wait to see if a fix had been found yet. Can't find it so figured I would ask.

I got a nook 3G with the blackfriday 86dollar deal way back when. It starts with a serial 1001 and came with a 1.5 factory setting. I have tried a hard reset and it is still at 1.5 I really would love to root it and get a new OS going as I really dislike the shelving system. Anyone able to help/recommend on what I can do. I am fairly certain I am doing the hard reset correct (it seems rather obvious, I have tried it twice, first or 12 seconds total and second for 15 seconds past the last black blink).

thanks
pattermj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #2
jeankap
EReading Gadget Maven
jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.jeankap has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: All of 'em.
A hard reset takes you back to factory defaults for the unit. Since this a "new" refurbished unit, it's likely that "factory defaults" are going to be whatever it had when it left the factory post-refurb. regardless of the serial number.

In short, I don't think the hard reset is going to work for you to get back to an earlier OS on this unit.
jeankap is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattermj View Post
So read through a few of the threads and I remember reading about some problems when I originally found this site a few months ago so I decided to wait to see if a fix had been found yet. Can't find it so figured I would ask.

I got a nook 3G with the blackfriday 86dollar deal way back when. It starts with a serial 1001 and came with a 1.5 factory setting. I have tried a hard reset and it is still at 1.5 I really would love to root it and get a new OS going as I really dislike the shelving system. Anyone able to help/recommend on what I can do. I am fairly certain I am doing the hard reset correct (it seems rather obvious, I have tried it twice, first or 12 seconds total and second for 15 seconds past the last black blink).

thanks
The previous poster was correct. Since your nook came with v1.5, you just keep resetting to it. You need to download the 1.0 version and install it.

It's been a while since I've done it but I found all the instructions at the nookdev site.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote