Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2015, 05:53 AM   #946
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Doesn't work on my Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
What thing doesn't work?
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:36 AM   #947
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
What thing doesn't work?
Pocketbook reader. It "stops" every few seconds, and even if I get it to navigate to an ePub, it won't open it. Total dud for me on that device.

I have yet to try on the Galaxy S4, but considering the tablet is my reading device...
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #948
leonicholson
leonicholson began at the beginning.

Device: Lumina 640 Smartphone
Quote:
Yes, you can set folders where the app goes to search for ebooks. See the following picture:

Attachment 144249

After that, you'll see the following options where you can set folders:

Attachment 144250

Regards
Followed your instructions and am very happy with PocketBook Reader.

Thanks!
leonicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #949
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Pocketbook reader. It "stops" every few seconds, and even if I get it to navigate to an ePub, it won't open it. Total dud for me on that device.

I have yet to try on the Galaxy S4, but considering the tablet is my reading device...
Uninstall and reinstall the app; something is wrong with the installation.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #950
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonicholson View Post
Followed your instructions and am very happy with PocketBook Reader.

Thanks!
You are welcome
Advert
Old 12-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #951
leonicholson

In Pocketbook Reader, can you disable notes and bookmarks? When paging, if you hit the left margin, notes is activated.

Are there written instructions somewhere? It is a great reader.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:39 PM   #952
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
In Pocketbook Reader, can you disable notes and bookmarks? When paging, if you hit the left margin, notes is activated.

Are there written instructions somewhere? It is a great reader.
You have to change the action of the gesture, so that when you hit the left margin, Pocketbook makes the action you want. To learn how to change the action, read this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=255331

Also remember that PocketBook has the following features:
  • Use pinch-to-zoom gestures to change font size.
  • Change text and background color. PocketBook reader supports four color themes (night, day, sepia and gray).
  • Scroll or turn pages by swiping, tapping on the edge of the screen or by using the volume keys.
  • Use single page, dual page or scroll viewing modes.
  • Search text to find needed information.
  • Highlight text and make notes.
  • Adjust display brightness while reading.
  • Lock screen orientation.
  • Quickly access to table of contents, notes and highlights.
  • Easy book navigation.
  • Adobe DRM support
  • OPDS catalogs.
  • ABBYY Lingvo, GoldenDict, ForaDict dictionaries support
  • Text-to-speech

PDF & DjVu features:
  • Crop page margins manually or automatically to fit page content to the screen size.
  • Use pinch and stretch gestures to zoom in or out page.
  • Use double tap to zoom to a particular text fragment.

Also, you could read this web page (however, it's a bit old):

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/15/...ok-reader.html

Regards

Last edited by RbnJrg; 12-05-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #953
leonicholson

Thanks. I haven't been able to get "Area" to work with the instructions so far.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #954
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks. I haven't been able to get "Area" to work with the instructions so far.
Hmmmm. Anyway, I think your issue is because you are not tapping in the left margin but swiping in that area. Just tap in the left side of the screen (not so near the left edge).
Old 12-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #955
leonicholson

It would be nice if you could turn off notes, bookmarks and highlights completely.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:31 PM   #956
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Uninstall and reinstall the app; something is wrong with the installation.
Did so. It appears that the something wrong is installation of that app on my tablet.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #957
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Did so. It appears that the something wrong is installation of that app on my tablet.
How much free ram memory do you have before running the app?
Old 12-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #958
Dngrsone
Almost legible

Quote:
How much free ram memory do you have before running the app?
~ 728MB

1.5GB RAM on this model.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:08 PM   #959
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
I'm looking at new reader apps, saw this one in the google store, and was wondering what's the difference between the CoolReader app and the CoolReader GL app? Which one do I want to install? And is there a setup for dummies guide somewhere? That's why I've stuck with Moon+ for so long, I already know how to use it, and every other app is different in how you make things look how you like it.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:59 AM   #960
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Hiding Menu Bar

I am using Cool Reader on my Kindle Fire HD. I prefer to use a 2-page/landscape view and want to hide the 3-choice Fire menu bar (on the right). How can I do this? I am not talking about the Cool Reader menu, I don't have that showing unless I want it.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader