Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #1
talios
talios began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo ereader
We are unable to update your device's database. Syncing cannot be completed.

'lo all,

The other day when I launched the Whitcoulls (NZ) desktop client it nicely told me a new version was available and downloaded 1.7.5, sadly there wasn't a nice new firmware to go along with it - so my device is still a 1.4 based unit.

However, now I find that when I try and sync with the desktop client I get:

We are unable to update your device's database. Syncing cannot be completed.

Anyone seen this before? I normally use Calibre to sync ebooks but I just purchased one from the Whitcoulls store and prefer the fonts on the Kobo version of the books than the ePub ( which I might have to settle for now... ).

Mark
talios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:16 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
There are several things that could cause this.

A couple of updates past, Calibre "broke" the Kobo Db. It has been fixed now, but folks have had to reset to factory default, or replace the sqlite and image files (see the sticky above).

Some folks have reported that their security software was not letting the desktop communicate and sync.

There have been some instances of the update to the new desktop software was pooched. The solution to that seems to be to uninstall the software. Reboot. Install it again.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, sync, whitcoulls