Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #76
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just downloaded a trial version of software to update file attributes. I updated the date modified only and it also reset the author name. It must be something in the way that Calibre changes the metadata.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:09 AM   #77
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This is really great except for one thing. I have Calibre set the author to author_sort when sending to device so I can get the books in proper author order(last name, first name) when viewing all books. When I change the book order it resets the author metadata. It does this both for setting future dates, and normal ordering.
If anyone else is having this problem, set metadata management to automatic in preferences - sending books to devices. When you connect to calibre again, the author names will be restored, but the modified date will stay the same.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2011, 06:03 AM   #78
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
If anyone else is having this problem, set metadata management to automatic in preferences - sending books to devices. When you connect to calibre again, the author names will be restored, but the modified date will stay the same.
I'm glad you found a workaround for your problem.

I got it working in the end, I was running an older version of the russified firmware and I updated to latest version. It was either the firmware or the way I was adding books to the reader.

I figured out what was happening. When Calibre writes metadata on the reader, it replaces the author with author_sort in the reader's cache file (media.xml).
If you then change the date for a book with OrderBooks and disconnect, the reader detects the difference between the new date and the old date in it's cache, and it will refresh the cache for that book, recreating the original author name (fn ln).
If you use 'automatic management' and open Calibre after using OrderBooks, Calibre will refresh the cache/library on the reader with the new date.

In the next version of OrderBooks I will include the option to change the date in the reader's cache, not only on the file, so the author name set by Calibre would stick.
I will also add a search box to locate books easier in the list.

If anyone has any other suggestions for the next version I'd like to hear them.

Cheers.

Last edited by goaspy; 01-29-2011 at 07:21 AM.
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #79
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
You need to change the Plug In to use the new Autor Sorto function on Calibre. There are a couple of threads in the Calibre section about it.

If you open the Plug In, it has information in the window that opens.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #80
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I love this tool, thanks so much for making it available to us. Losing my preferred 3 choices for my next 3 reads when I'd want to check another book quick for something was a minor annoyance with the Sony, and this fixed it as simply as possible.

Thanks again.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #81
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Would someone happen to know a tool to control the "new" tag on books you have in your list ?
When you load a book it automatically displays the "new" tag until you open it for the first time. I like that tag because it shows which books I have not read yet. But when I load a new book which I won't necessarily read immediately, I like to check it by opening it, just to see how it looks on my reader and all, but then the "new" tag is gone and I can't find any way to get it back.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #82
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Would someone happen to know a tool to control the "new" tag on books you have in your list ?
When you load a book it automatically displays the "new" tag until you open it for the first time. I like that tag because it shows which books I have not read yet. But when I load a new book which I won't necessarily read immediately, I like to check it by opening it, just to see how it looks on my reader and all, but then the "new" tag is gone and I can't find any way to get it back.
See my post #31 on this same thread on how to restore the "new" tag.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=107826&page=3
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #83
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, I see. Thanks for the input But as I understand this, you must connect your reader to your computer to reach that file and tamper with it. But if I bother to plug my reader, it's faster (and safer) to just delete and reload the book then.
Sony should implement this in the option menu with a firmware update methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
See my post #31 on this same thread on how to restore the "new" tag.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=107826&page=3
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #84
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for that, I love the fix to get the new tags back when needed. For me editing the .xml file is much quicker than deleting and re-adding a book, and even more time saved if resetting multiple books.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 AM   #85
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you Bookworm_Girl, I'll try this method (I think I've enough confidence myself as I reallocate the books into the reader and I change this book for not havind to reload and add to collections )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #86
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

It seems there is interest for this feature, maybe I will include it in the next version of OrderBooks.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:43 PM   #87
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

That would be even easier yet, thanks for considering adding it in!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #88
Under the Covers
Night Reader
Under the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura aboutUnder the Covers has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-650
On the other hand, I want to remove the "new" tag without going in and messing with the xml file. So if a new version of your lovely little tool incorporates this, I'll jump for joy.
Under the Covers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #89
goaspy
Connoisseur

Yeah, I started working on the new version and there will be a checkbox for the "new" status.
The development is a bit on hold because I got carried away with the new Kindle 'page numbers' feature , but I'll resume.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #90
goaspy
Connoisseur

Lightbulb New Version for Windows!

Hello World!

A new BETA version for Windows is out! You can get it from the first post on this thread, just follow the link on my signature.

Here's a sneak preview: Screenshot

I have attached the Release Notes, you can find more details in there.

Happy testing!

Please provide feedback, I hope we can loose the BETA tag as quick as possible.

Cheers,
Sorin
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ReleaseNotes.pdf (244.4 KB, 266 views)

Last edited by goaspy; 02-14-2011 at 01:02 PM.