Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Preferred Format when buying from a non-Amazon site?
HTML 3 4.62%
PDF 4 6.15%
Mobi/PRC 42 64.62%
LIT 11 16.92%
Other 5 7.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #16
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Interesting comments everyone...thanks.

For a Fictionwise order last night, I bought some multiformats that I got in .prc. But I bought some secured stuff in ereader .pdb format for the extra 5% discount. Then I used the ereader2html python script to convert them to html and then mobipocket creator to turn to mobi. Worked great and took only a few minutes per book. I wanted the extra micropay discount cuz I went ahead and placed a $103 so between regular micropay, ereader micropay, $100 order extra micropay, I ended up with $20 micropay plus the $15 I bought to hit the $100 mark. So I have $35 micropay right now. So I think I'm getting the hang of fictionwise.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:06 PM   #17
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Now I'm up to getting them on Mobipocket, secured ereader, and Microsoft reader. All three are very easy to Kindle-ize. I still buy from Amazon because I plan to stick with the Kindle and future iterations, but now I can take advantage of special sales
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
duck!