Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-26-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
My three wishes

I wish:
1/ Asus would bring the EEE 701 to market now!
2/ Palm would make a Sony Reader-sized Palm device. Preferably monochrome with repaceable batteries. It would run all my old apps.
3/ Monica Bellucci would call me.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogui View Post
I wish:
You mean, so you can talk about reading gadgets?
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2007, 05:10 AM   #3
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Today's wishes

I wish:
1/ Mobileread was available as a WAP site so I could read it on my smartphone.
2/ Mobileread's uploaded books would be WAP readable too.

Last edited by mogui; 10-01-2007 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
she is an interesting retirement choice
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:17 AM   #5
mogui
eNigma

When I was teaching English here in the Middle Kingdom, students would ask me who my favorite actress was, or who I thought was the most beautiful. I was lost for an answer because I didn't really follow anybody. My concept of loveliness is rather broad, and based mostly on how well I like the person. Certainly here I am surrounded by women I consider to be quite lovely. I made a retirement choice to live in China where my money goes much farther and where I am exposed to cultural variety and stimulation. I have found a new family here which I consider myself very lucky to have.

So in the interest of education (cough, cough) I did a survey of the opinions expressed on the web regarding who was the most attractive female celebrity. Then I winnowed the choices further through my own perceptual filters. Not surprisingly, the winner was not dissimilar to my own wife. I know absolutely nothing about Monica Bellucci, other than that she is a treat to look at. In my own life I need someone who is fun to be with from day-to-day, and with whom I can plot a trusted course into the future. I have that, and wouldn't trade it for the most beautiful woman out there.

In this thread I have tried to express technical innovations I think would be advantageous. Others are invited to do so too. I have leavened my presentation with smidgen of hormonal motivation. Consider it decorative if not motivational.
Advert