Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Another stupid question

My computer just died and I have replaced it. I had a recent backup of my books on a memory stick which I had copied onto using the "save" button on the main Calibre screen. I created a file in "My Documents" for my books and specified it as the place for the Calibre library in the set-up wizard. I have copied from the memory stick to the new file. No books have appeared in Calibre. What am I doing wrong? I have tried the "Add books" button but when I open the file containing my saved books (I have over 3000) there is a list of folders - one for each author. Am I going to have to go through all the folders looking for txt and prc files and add them individually? Help! Please!
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click the arrow next to the add books button and choose the second entry in the resulting list
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
pufff
Enthusiast
pufff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Worked - thank you soooo much! I did see that option but didn't understand what it meant - now I do!
pufff is offline   Reply With Quote