Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-05-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
cnkindler1
cnkindler1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle7(new kindle) fw5.7.4
Is the new jailbreak method tested on NewKindle?

Hello,sorry to bother ,but is there anyone who successfully downgrades your NewKindle(Kindle7) using the special firmware for FW5.8.x(Is it called DGA)?I can't find one for NewKindle.Thanks!
cnkindler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
What is a NewKindle? The kindle names we use (including what you seek) are based on the serial number you can find at the "serial number" link in the DGA-1 instructions. Please look that up and tell us, or provide the serial number first 6 characters so we can look it up for you. Then we can answer your questions.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2016, 09:57 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
First 6 digits of the serial number please.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:58 PM   #4
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
First 6 digits of the serial number please.
Ninja'd!
Old 07-05-2016, 10:13 PM   #5
cnkindler1

OK,it's
90C607
Advert
Old 07-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkindler1 View Post
OK,it's
90C6 07
Its in the table, nicknamed: KT2
Congratulations, you just did step #2 - Now start over at step #1
Use:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877

Last edited by knc1; 07-05-2016 at 10:25 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #7
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
... and update your profile / device info to KT2
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:54 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just edited step 2, it might be more understandable now (maybe).
Old 07-06-2016, 12:01 AM   #9
cnkindler1

Help!Stuck in the starting image after using update_KT2_5.6.0_initial.bin!Cannot open it any more!What should I do?!
Old 07-06-2016, 12:08 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkindler1 View Post
Help!Stuck in the starting image after using update_KT2_5.6.0_initial.bin!Cannot open it any more!What should I do?!
Please post in the thread that has the directions you are following.

We can't answer your question without a clue to which set of directions you are following.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #11
cnkindler1

Oh it's all right now...I'm not patient enough.After maybe one hour,the progress bar appears...there must be something wrong with my amazing device.
Thank you all for your kindness!Thank you for your effort!
Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #12
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please post in the thread that has the directions you are following.

We can't answer your question without a clue to which set of directions you are following.
That is a serious problem with TWO points of distribution. The one that is not in control of the original creator of the jailbreak suffers from immediate bit-rot and becomes dangerous for new users to follow, while forcing its users to seek support from the original creator (making him wish he never shared this in the first place). From a hacker's perspective, this is a very bad thing.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Even mine has been bit-rotting at a rapid pace.
It has kept me up all night, just fixing it for things people are reporting.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:11 AM   #14
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Even mine has been bit-rotting at a rapid pace.
It has kept me up all night, just fixing it for things people are reporting.
That is a normal part of being the proud parent of a new baby. Live and learn. I am sorry that you have to support the bricked kindles caused by the other guy's thread. It is not fair that he expects you to support his mess when you cannot even repair his tutorial as new events unfold (a normal part of new product releast). But a sad fact of reality now that it happened despite my request to not do it (I foresaw this mess and tried to stop it). I guess I should have been more specific about potential consequences rather than just mentioning hacker ethics implications. My advice would likely have gone unheeded anyway, just as history revealed.

Also, I pointed out in that other thread that "just pulling the plug" (unsafe USB removal) is dangerous and can cause data corruption (especially when windows forces disk checking due to the "dirty bit" getting set and you end up with a bunch of .CHK files). However, my post (with very carefully chose polite words) was quickly deleted moments before other unfortunate events. So insisitence that "just pulling the plug after waiting 10 seconds is safe" (completely not true) prevailed in that thread and may cause more problems for folks who choose to follow it.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-06-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:20 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Any good technical writer can tell you that a degree in any type of technical preparation does not immediately confer the related technical knowledge.

That program I designed, implemented and documented for IBM's internal use required what resulted in a 900 page "phone book" manual.
Yes, complete with pictures, charts, samples and graphics.

Now those people do know good documentation (especially when they are buying it), they have written one or two pages their self.
And I have had 25 years of practice since then.

Last edited by knc1; 07-06-2016 at 08:26 AM.