Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
Third party cases or sleeves for Kobo Aura, please?

back onto cases/sleeves again if the official ones aren't much cop can anyone recommend a third party case/sleeve that wont add to much bulk?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-13-2013 at 10:32 AM.
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Since your question is specific to cases, your post has been moved to its own thread.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Someone in another thread was told that the slim eBay cases would be available in about a week. I'm waiting for one myself.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Someone in another thread was told that the slim eBay cases would be available in about a week. I'm waiting for one myself.
Count me as another waiting for those third party cases to appear on eBay. I've never gone this long without a dedicated cover for any of my readers; didn't think it would freak me out but it does!

Last edited by MarciaCat; 10-24-2013 at 02:53 PM.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It can also be worthwhile to search alibaba to see what is coming from China.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
I don't have Kobo (debating...) but am somewhat case-obsessed. I have a feeling that cases like these will be available for the Aura, since they already make them for the Kindle Paperwhite and the Aura HD.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very helpful, thanks for your comments (and mod for moving to own thread)

Quite surprised even with the problems people are having Kobo Auras (me included, hopefully ok now) there aren't more third party cases/sleeves. Personally i think i will wait rather than buy a cheaper Chinese case. The quality doesn't look that good from what i've seen so far.

If i find any while trawling i will post them here.
ta
Old 10-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #8
exodont
exodont doesn't litterexodont doesn't litterexodont doesn't litter

Device: Kobo, Sony, BeBook, Kindle
Have a look here:

http://www.geckocovers.com/ereader-c...ra-6-inch.html
exodont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Nice that there are at least some covers out for it, But I for one don't like anything around the front of the e-reader straps e.c.t, I must prefer the click in type cases with flip covers.
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #10
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
This style of cover could be better if the leather sleeve hides light leaks around screen edge.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
This style of cover could be better if the leather sleeve hides light leaks around screen edge.
Good point. On the other hand, one of the Aura's supposed selling points is flat screen - no bezel. Therefore would anyone want to buy a cover which adds a new bezel?

I do like Gecko cases, though. I have 3 different models, all nicely made.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those Gecko covers look nice but they're also might pricey after you add shipping to the US. I would also prefer a click in style of case. I did as PeterT suggested and checked out alibaba to see what's in the pipeline ; searching "Kobo Aura" most of the results appear to be for the HD, even though they didn't mention HD, the size measurement (7") indicates the 6.8" Aura HD. There is this click in one that looks interesting which states that it is for the 6" reader. There are also listings like this one in various colors whose listings specifically say they are for the 'Aura 6 inch(not HD)' but it's a slide in not snap in.

I really hope some click in style covers appear on eBay soon.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
peterwardgd
Addict

hmm not sold on the cheap looking leather numbers. I will hang on for a kindleesque case, something simple that the aura can clip into with a thin leather cover + sleep magnet.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterwardgd View Post
hmm not sold on the cheap looking leather numbers. I will hang on for a kindleesque case, something simple that the aura can clip into with a thin leather cover + sleep magnet.
That's just what I'm looking for too. Every day I check here to see if someone has found one either on eBay or Amazon. I'm getting paranoid about taking my Aura out to read without a case, lol!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
peterwardgd
Addict

just checked again and there are a greater range of covers now or at least a greater range of colours than there was last week. http://www.kobo.com/accessories.html for the new Aura.