Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2018, 01:21 PM   #496
vrf
Groupie
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So if you read in long sessions, having WiFi on won't make that much difference to battery life, but if you read for only a few minutes a day, leaving WiFi on could result in a dramatic decrease in battery life.
Well, even us long-session readers have to sleep sometimes....

My experience (not scientific) has convinced me that airplane mode does give better battery life as a whole, regardless of long or short sessions.
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 02:09 PM   #497
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrf View Post
My experience (not scientific) has convinced me that airplane mode does give better battery life as a whole, regardless of long or short sessions.
Agreed. On my Oasis I've left WiFi off since the day I bought it, but on my Voyage, my experience was that leaving WiFi turned off roughly doubled the battery life.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:05 PM   #498
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
With my battery issue investigation, the latest is that amazon have now asked me to charge to 100%, then use my kindle until it reaches 10% then send these new logs.
Sounds suspiciously like they believe your calibration for battery got lost in the update and doesn't get triggered again to recalibrate. Or, in other words, they could not figure out why you drain battery from the logs. Which might be a good thing, as it can theoretically be fixed in software.

I am still betting you will get a replacement if this takes a while yet. Amazon is not going to torture you too long with an unsatisfactory device.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote