Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 04:53 PM   #106
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Custom Columns are totally different in functionality, source and usage than Identifier Types. No comparison.

Feel free to roll your own in Python after you learn Calibre. However, a simple SQLite script could easily rename any Identifier Types that you wish whenever you wish using a SQLite tool. Metadata.db Table Identifiers. Key is BookID plus Type with result being the value for that combination. Trivial. Easy peasy.

Added: just don't use the LC "Delete Identifiers" menu option, since (as it says on the label) it will delete any non-LC Identifiers that also do not start with a "z" ("zmi_*" is used by my Zotero Metadata Importer plugin). So, you will have name your personal Identifier names starting with a "z" if you want to continue using that menu option. Ditto for my Quarantine & Scrub "Delete Identifiers" menu option. Or, if you do not want to start your personal Identifiers with a "z" for that reason, you can always use the Standard Calibre Search & Replace to delete Identifiers manually instead of the LC or Q&S menu options.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-29-2018 at 09:12 AM. Reason: More Info.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:56 AM   #107
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
See the attached.
+ maybe in addition: restart calibre after generating the new custom columns.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:52 AM   #108
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The dynamic message created after auto-generation by LC says to Restart Calibre.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #109
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
+1.
Long time ago I made my setup.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 03:58 AM   #110
MauroMassucatti
MauroMassucatti began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Change bulk DDC

Hi there,

I'm a Brazilian Lawyer, so, there are many issues that come with this those attributes: I have a terrible English, I don't know anything about a programming language, and I have my doubts if am I in the right topic to make this question - that's my first time in the Forum.

Basically, I work only with the main DDC numbers (100, 220, 330, 340, etc) and I was wondering if is there any way to change in bulk DDC numbers? In preference/settings, I didn't see a way to do it.

Furthermore, (as I said, that I'm a John Snow on Programming = I Literally Don't Know Nothing), I tried to use Regular Expressions, however, I have to do "category by category", for instance:

Search: 34.*
Replace: 340
-
Search: 35.*
Replace: 350

... and so it goes.

Is there a not dumb way to do it?

Sorry about anything...

Best Regards
MauroMassucatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #111
DaltonST
Deviser

DDC Integer Creation

See the attached image explaining how to create an "integer" from your DDC, although of course the DDC is textual since there are a few non-standard values that are not uncommonly used, such as "FIC".

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lc_integer_ddc.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	164933  
Old 07-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #112
MauroMassucatti
MauroMassucatti began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Woww..

Quote:
See the attached image explaining how to create an "integer" from your DDC, although of course the DDC is textual since there are a few non-standard values that are not uncommonly used, such as "FIC".

DaltonST
I don't know how to thank you, DaltonST! Awesome!!!
MauroMassucatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:24 AM   #113
glasnost
Connoisseur
glasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitglasnost with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW3, Kobo Aura H2O
it's just me, right?

As with JS+ - you have really created something special here, and I know that I am barely beginning to scratch the surface!

A couple of questions:

Quote:
Refer to the many images attached to the Original Post, plus the .txt file with sample templates for composite custom columns. You can copy-and-paste the templates directly from the .txt file.
soooo many images ;-) really helpful, I just wish I knew a way to download the full sized ones in bulk. Onto bigger questions:

1. Is there a typo in your composite_custom cut and space? Yesterday, with the columns cut and pasted, the plugin crashed with 'url not found' (or no data? apologies for the terrible, sleep deprived bug report). Removed the columns, problem did not reoccur. Today, I added back the custom columns, but I removed the extra spaces in the template for the LC Authority Name, and everything is copacetic. Is this spurious and I actually had some other issue? (I've attached a revised cut&paste doc just in case)

Name:	cut_paste_template_problem.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	165235

2. I want hierarchies in my genres, ideally auto-generated. Do I need to script some regex to change the Library Codes genre ">" separator into commas? Like the example in the manual, I'd like to end up with a situation where books A, B, and C fill out the following categories:

Tech, GenTech: A, B, C
Tech > GenTech > Philosophy: A, C
Tech > GenTech > Outcomes: B

instead, I have flat ddc_genre lines. Please help! (yes, I assume that partitioning at 0 is a silly idea, but I don't grok the structure calibre is using.)

Name:	where_are_my_partitions.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	165236

3. Is there a cap on the number of api calls I should be using daily? Goodreads Sync warns that the token will get revoked if people are doing more than a hundred a day -- as I'm totally revamping my library, I'm doing a lot of trial and error and don't want to overload any systems with my LC calls.

Thanks again, this is really fantastic!

Last edited by glasnost; 07-27-2018 at 04:31 AM. Reason: forgot attachments, it's early...
glasnost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #114
DaltonST
Deviser

[1] 555 people have downloaded the .txt file, and until now there have been no complaints. If there is a typo, it must be trivial and easily correctable. I haven't used or looked at it in ~3 years. Actually, since then, Calibre miraculously added new functionality to obviate the need to use it. See Preferences > Look & Feel > Create Rules to Convert Identifiers into Links.

[2] The LC Genre submenu has a menu item to specifically import a .csv file to add/change the mappings. The original .csv file is attached to the Original Post. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...11344#poststop for a user-submitted French version.

[3] LC code downloads have no time-based execution limits other than the elapsed time it takes to actually execute the web queries. To avoid burdening the various web servers, LC paces itself.

DaltonST
Old 08-29-2018, 11:25 PM   #115
curranb79
curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.curranb79 can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kindle Paper White, purchased Feb. '15
This seems awesome / exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm a total coding newbie. How do I load this into Calibre?

I am running a Mac, OS 10.13.6.

I was able to go to "Load plugin from file" and it said it installed the .zip file, but after restarting Calibre I can't see any changes (no LC or DDC columns, fields on individual books, etc.).

Also, I don't know what to do with the .txt files
Thanks!
curranb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:18 AM   #116
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did you restart calibre after you installed it?

If you use the Preferences->Plugins->Get New Plugins option the plugin installer will inform you of that.

Ctrl+R for restart.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:53 AM   #117
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by curranb79 View Post
This seems awesome / exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm a total coding newbie. How do I load this into Calibre?

I am running a Mac, OS 10.13.6.

I was able to go to "Load plugin from file" and it said it installed the .zip file, but after restarting Calibre I can't see any changes (no LC or DDC columns, fields on individual books, etc.).

Also, I don't know what to do with the .txt files
Thanks!

No coding required. In Calibre, Preferences > Toolbars and then add the icon for LC so you can see it. Exit from Preferences. Click the icon's dropdown to see the menu. You need to customize it first by clicking that menu option. The menu itself as sub-menus. Read the ToolTips by hovering your mouse over each area of the menu and also the customization dialog. They explain everything.

DaltonST
Old 09-13-2018, 07:53 AM   #118
knobunc
knobunc began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
FAST Subjects From Classify?

First, thanks for the excellent plugin. It is really cool to easily classify books.

Now, the real question. Is is possible that the plugin can pull the FAST subjects from the classify records and do... something with them?

Obviously the simplest would be just to pull the records and put them into a column (similar to the extra author info). But I suspect it would be more useful to be able to have a comma separated list of names so that they could be directed to a tag-like column.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-ben
knobunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #119
marcb81
marcb81 began at the beginning.

How can you import the "FAST Subject Headings" from the OCLC into the
Tags field in Calibre?
Thank you!
marcb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #120
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.35 FAST Tags

Version 1.0.35 - 2018-10-11 FAST Tags added to LC Customization. FAST retrieved as Tag-Like. Minimum Calibre now is Version 3.30.

See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lc_fast_tags.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	166856   Click image for larger version

Name:	lc_configuration.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	166857