Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
RandomUser2010
RandomUser2010 began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Blue light filter in calibre on pc read?

Hi.
I read my books on a PC and i want to know if there is an option in calibre to activate a blue light filter for its integrated reader and if yes, where i can find it in the menus.
RandomUser2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
No, but you can install a blue light filter program on your PC. Then it works not only for calibre but for all other programs as well.

I have one on my Ubuntu Laptop. But there are also for Windows, OS X and Android.

Or you just change the color settings in the reader and save it as a theme. And switch themes, with different color/temperature tints, whenever you feel like it.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-30-2018 at 02:03 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Windows 10 has a blue (night) light feature, it's in Display settings. By default it kicks in/out at sunset/sunrise, but you can override that.

Otherwise try F.lux it's free, and fancy too

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I feel that this is the responsibility of the OS and not of individual reading apps. Such "filter" services should be at the OS level, either default with the OS (preferable) or via a third-party OS ad-in (e.g. F.lux, ...).

I'm quite happy with the "Night Light" function in Windows 10. I find it's adjustments handle my needs well. My Windows tablet has the function enabled since I use it for reading, surfing, and watching videos. My Windows desktop, where I do a lot of photo processing and retouching, has it disabled by default, to retain color accuracy, Windows provides easy access to the toggle for enabling and disabling it manually.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:37 PM   #5
RandomUser2010
RandomUser2010 began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Ok. Thanks.
I installed redshift / redshift-gtk now (Linux).

Last edited by RandomUser2010; 08-31-2018 at 04:41 PM.
RandomUser2010 is offline   Reply With Quote