Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-04-2010, 05:40 AM   #31
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Palen View Post
I can see you are very enthusiastic about this matter and you certainly make a perfectly good argument.
Point understood.
Matt.
I'm not entirely sure you do understand. I clicked on your link just before and while the email pop up didn't show up the moment I entered the site, when I clicked over to another tab to look at something else, then went back, there it was. And there went my urge to look at the site. (though my initial impressions were, too, something along the lines of "this is a big ad".)

In short, if you truly want a method to keep in touch with your "subscribers"... get a blog. Use RSS. Put a "join the mailing list" page somewhere and don't shove it in peoples faces shortly after they arrive. You may mean entirely well, but it doesn't strike a good impression even with graphics so shiny.

Worldwalker makes several good points, though.

Edit: Also, why is there a X icon on the "compare top four" table (and who decided what the top four were?) when you've got the "International Shipping" row, where they do ship internationally?

Last edited by nashira; 06-04-2010 at 05:45 AM.
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
May I ask, what are you providing on your site that is not provided on a well established site like Mobileread.com ?.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2010, 08:06 AM   #33
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Well it certainly isn't chocolate...

I see a ton of stuff blocked by noscript, some affiliate links, I saw the mobileread logo on at least one page, does mobileread give permission to use that? Copyright on stuff like that can be a touchy thing. I see the stars graphics that go with reviews out of place often covering the names of the readers, probably cause by noscript.

Oh did you see content? I only did a quick look but really didn't find anything of substance that can't be found in the ereader device matrix in the moibleread wiki. Facts aren't copyrightable but those comments almost certainly are and I don't think it falls under the educational and news reporting fair use exceptions. Copyright is such a touchy thing.

I spend a lot of time warning people they they're violating copyrights in between my rants against how broken it is...
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Of the top 4, the iPad and the Kindle DX do NOT belong. The Sony Reader PRS-600 belongs and I'm not sure what else belongs, but it is not the iPad or the DX. In fact, more people read via an iPhone then an iPad.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #35
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I think the "top" 4 were selected according to the top 4 affiliate payments.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert