Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Jackdk
Jackdk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindele
Reset warning before delete books

Hi
I removed the warning before delete books and now i want it back.
Found a post here that stated the following would do the trick but i does not work for me:

Change

confirm_delete = False

to True

in ~/Library/Preferences/calibre/gui.py

I have tried restarting the computer. Running OSX 10.6.8 and the newest version of Calibre. Any suggestions?
Jackdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Preferences->Behaviour->Reset all disabled confirmation dialogues

Strange calibre spelling, not a typo by me
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually, that spelling comes from whoever did the en_GB translation of calibre. Apparently you Brits think that since dialogs are a dialogue between the computer and its user, they might as well be spelt as dialogue

https://translations.launchpad.net/c...earch=dialogue
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
Jackdk
Jackdk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindele
Thanks for the help.
Jackdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kovid - I've never been called a "Brit" before, ick...

Perhaps I have been swayed by too much reading of USA books/sites and applications like Visual Studio - but it just would never occur to me to use that spelling or pluralisation. To me a dialogue is a conversation, rather than a dialog which is a window that appears on screen. But as I am fairly ignorant to the intricacies of the english language, and I do after all speak a variant from Down Under I am in no position to claim I am right. It just looks... odd.
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm with you. Looks odd to me as well, but like you, I'm no expert so I'm not going to override the translator on it.

Oh and apologies, I had no idea you were actually an Aussie, I was going by the London UK in your MR profile
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
kiwidude

Ahhh, Kovid... (shakes head).... actually I'm from NZ. Hence the "kiwi dude" nickname

But that's ok - most non antipodeans can't figure out the accent differences even if we had met in person so think they are safer assuming an Australian first and I'm used to it. However for future reference it is the equivalent of calling a Canadian as being an American
Old 01-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Well I AM in the UK, and I have never seen that spelling in any technical documentation. I have always seen it as dialog for what is shown on a screen and dialogue for a conversation (typically verbal) between humans.

However English being what it is, there is probably no universally accepted right (or wrong) spelling
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote