Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
penguintri
Enthusiast
penguintri began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Kindle Oasis 2017 Waterproofing

Hi,

I use my Kindle a lot in the bath and the last few times I've been using it I notice a lot of air bubbles coming out of the power button if it goes under water. If I then blow into the power button water comes out of the usb port.

I'm guessing this shouldn't happen and may be the cause of my screen issues in my previous thread here?

Has anybody else noticed this? Looking at the only pictures I could find from inside the Oasis 2017 here I wasn't sure if the grey tape stuff you can see in it was part of the waterproofing and so water can get inside safely. I think it's strange that the waterproofing may have failed on mine at both the power button and usb port!
I'm guessing that it's probably not supposed to do this though and I think I probably need to contact Amazon as it will probably die soon!
penguintri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
I’ve not used mine in water but regardless I don’t think I would blow into openings and potentially forced water past potential protective barriers.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #3
penguintri
Enthusiast
penguintri began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
I’ve not used mine in water but regardless I don’t think I would blow into openings and potentially forced water past potential protective barriers.
Yea now you say that it seems like quite a stupid thing to do... at least it got most of the water out I guess!
penguintri is offline   Reply With Quote