Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 11:11 AM   #46
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
But seriously, ...
I am only half serious about this.

Because they are such classics those particular things are difficult to not be spoiled.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #47
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I picture someone sitting down to watch a classic film and then realizing, "So that's what she meant!"
I figure if you don't know the context, you won't hold the thought! For anyone who happens to watch a certain classic film in the next day or so, my abject apologies.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 02:39 PM   #48
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I figure if you don't know the context, you won't hold the thought! For anyone who happens to watch a certain classic film in the next day or so, my abject apologies.
You can't please everyone! Ya done good in my eyes.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #49
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You've done nothing to apologize for. I found that post of yours quite funny.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #50
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Bit late to this thread but I just had to add my experience. I was waiting in the queue at the cinema to see William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (the one with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes) and made an off-hand comment to the person I was with about the fate of the two main characters at the end of the story. As you can probably guess she didn't know the story and I felt terrible. So even 400 years is too recent for spoilers...

Andrew
andyh2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #51
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Bit late to this thread but I just had to add my experience. I was waiting in the queue at the cinema to see William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (the one with Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes) and made an off-hand comment to the person I was with about the fate of the two main characters at the end of the story. As you can probably guess she didn't know the story and I felt terrible. So even 400 years is too recent for spoilers...

Andrew
Ahh! You shoulda told her, that in the end, we ALL die. Their deaths weren't unexpected, just a bit early.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:15 PM   #52
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post

Andrew
We do get some younger people on MobileRead who may not yet have read the classics or seen older films. I figure it's just common courtesy to warn of spoilers ahead if you are reviewing a book of any age. How long does it really take to type "spoilers ahead"?

I once clicked on a thread in the Recommendations forum where someone asked if a specific book series was worth reading. The first several posts were general comments about whether it was good/well written/recommended. Then someone came into the thread and with no spoiler warning or tag, stated that he/she had stopped reading the series after [a specific thing one of the characters did]. As a result I didn't read the series, not because of what the character did but because I would know from the beginning what was coming.

As has been said upthread, a discussion thread is not the same thing as a review. If a thread is labeled as "discussion of Book by John Doe" I would know not to read the thread if I didn't want spoilers.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #53
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Come on, Romeo and Juliet is a friggin' tragedy. You know that the main characters are going to die when you read/see a tragedy. There's really nothing to spoil there.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:50 AM   #54
gravity_
gravity_ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad 9.7-inch
I also don't think that this forum is for a book review. In the section "what I am currently reading" there are so many comments that you will get lost if you want to find a certain book. Maybe if someone did a thread just for that and updated the first post every time someone posted with grading and a short review it will be easier, but it seems a lot of work and might get crowded as well.
gravity_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #55
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I don't think one long thread where people kept adding new books would work. I think if someone wants to post a book review they could start a thread about that book in the Reading Recommendations forum.

I'm guessing most people won't bother to post a review here unless they come across a book that is either so terrific they can't wait to tell everyone about it or so bad they feel compelled to post a warning.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #56
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We have a spoiler code. USE IT!
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote