Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #121
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
I get the best results simply by running Audible Matchmaker now and then. I picked up five audible titles ($1.99 each) just today. The catch is of course you must already own the kindle book. Not a problem for me as I buy the titles that look interesting when they go on sale for a buck or two. If you do this and run matchmaker every few weeks you may be surprised at the result.
Nice hint, thank you.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #122
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

$1.99 or Less on a WS Deal on Little Slaughterhouse on the Prairie!

If my eyes are to be believed, there is a $1.99 WS deal on Little Slaughterhouse on the Prairie, of the Bloodlines collection, by Harold Schetcher.

Yes, that's $1.99 for the whole deal. Plus, if you're involved in the Great on Kindle program (see recent posts on the "Non-Fiction" thread) you can possibly even save more. I have a 25 cent credit, which would drop the price down to $1.74!

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Slaugh...oreType=ebooks.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 09-17-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #123
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
If my eyes are to be believed, there is a $1.99 WS deal on Little Slaughterhouse on the Prairie, of the Bloodlines collection, by Harold Schetcher.

Yes, that's $1.99 for the whole deal. Plus, if you're involved in the Great on Kindle program (see recent posts on the "Non-Fiction" thread) you can possibly even save more. I have a 25 cent credit, which would drop the price down to $1.74!

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Slaugh...oreType=ebooks.
I don't quite have the Great on Kindle thing figured out. Stay tuned.

The information about the $1.99 WS deal _is_ correct, though.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:40 PM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Whispersync -- Kindle for Samsung -- exp 31 Oct

Three of the four selections for October have Whispersync pairs. For those with Samsung devices, your first Kindle book is free (1st Kindle price) and the remaining Kindle books are $1.99 or less (2nd Kindle price). Purchases must be made from a Samsung device using the Kindle for Samsung app to qualify for this pricing. For those without Samsung devices, the Kindle books are the current selling price (3rd Kindle price). After purchasing the Kindle books, the audiobooks are available for $1.99 each.

See this post from Froide for additional details and discussions about this month's ebook selections.

For those with Kindle Unlimited and/or Prime Reading, some of the selections may have Whispersync pairs. After borrowing the "free" ebooks, the audiobooks are available for $1.99 each.

Can't find the Kindle for Samsung app? --> see this discussion posts 320~332

Quote:
Samsung Book Deals ends on Nov 1, 2018.

October is the last month to redeem a free book as part of this program.

Any books you have previously redeemed using Samsung Book Deals are yours to keep, and will continue to appear in your library after the program ends.
The Seventh Bride -- T Kingfisher/ Kaylin Heath --> 6.8 hrs --> fantasy
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.99/$2.99)
  • Kindle Unlim --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Young Rhea is a miller's daughter of low birth, so she is understandably surprised when a mysterious nobleman, Lord Crevan, shows up on her doorstep and proposes marriage. Since commoners don't turn down lords - no matter how sinister they may seem - Rhea is forced to agree to the engagement.

Lord Crevan demands that Rhea visit his remote manor before their wedding. Upon arrival, she discovers that not only was her betrothed married six times before, but his previous wives are all imprisoned in his enchanted castle. Determined not to share their same fate, Rhea asserts her desire for freedom. In answer, Lord Crevan gives Rhea a series of magical tasks to complete, with the threat "Come back before dawn, or else I'll marry you."

With time running out and each task more dangerous and bizarre than the last, Rhea must use her resourcefulness, compassion, and bravery to rally the other wives and defeat the sorcerer before he binds her to him forever.

Fortune's Daughters -- Consuelo Saah Baehr/ Nicol Zanzarella --> 9.4 hrs --> literary
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.99/$3.99)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Faith Simpson is born at the dawn of the twentieth century into a dynasty that gives her everything she will ever need - except her parents' love and attention. Often misunderstood, she trusts few as she grows up on the family's manicured Long Island estate. Just twenty-nine miles away, on lower Manhattan's dirty, crowded streets, Hope Lee's world is one of poverty and desperation. The scrappy child of hard-working Irish and Chinese immigrants has learned to fend for herself, until a terrible disaster thrusts her into a strange, new world of privilege.

When she meets Faith, Hope has faced enough loss to last a lifetime, and, like Faith, she has built an emotional wall to survive. Compelled by the tragic bonds of very different childhoods, they soon forge a strong alliance. But when Faith's father chooses Hope as his protégé, and, worse yet, both Faith and Hope fall in love with the same man, resentment and betrayal threaten their bond. Caught in the tumult of World War I, Wall Street, union fights, and changing women's roles, these two extraordinary women find that true fortune can't be bought or sold.

Fight Dirty -- CJ Lyons/ Angela Dawe --> 9.2 hrs --> detective
  • Whispersync --> Audible ($1.99) | Kindle (free/$1.99/$5.49)
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Raised to kill by her father, a convicted serial killer, Morgan’s problems aren’t those of the average teen. She wants only one thing: to protect her freedom and not get locked away. So, despite ongoing temptation and a bloody past, Morgan swears off murder.

Seeking to tame her sociopathic instincts, Morgan cons her way into working with security consultants Jenna Galloway and Andre Stone. For their first case, Morgan goes undercover to infiltrate ReNew, a treatment center for troubled teens, to investigate the suicide of a fourteen-year-old girl sent there by her wealthy parents.

While Jenna and Andre search for evidence from the outside, Morgan endures her own worst nightmare posing as an inmate. It isn’t long before she discovers that ReNew’s unstable patients are the ones who are really in charge - and that some of their psychopathic tendencies rival her own.

Even if Morgan can discover the truth behind the girl’s death and escape ReNew alive, what - or who - might be waiting for her on the outside?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-08-2018 at 05:33 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #125
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

If You Don't Want to Find Really, Really Cheap Whispersync Deals, Don't Read this.

I haven't mentioned this in a while, and MobileRead's probably gotten quite a few more followers, if not members, since then.

Your best shot at getting a bunch of great WS deals is with the weekly Kindle exclusives. My goal in this post mainly is to prove that point.

About this time each week, I get a list from Amazon, of their Kindle exclusives. I just opened an email message, that I just received, with their current ones.

I did a filter or sort--whatever it is--to return only ebooks with audio narration, and checked _the very first hit_. It's a thriller or mystery or horror, or something like that--it doesn't matter (see paragraph #2 again).

It's got an average rating of about 4.5 stars. A _huge_ number of people must like the book--it's got 14,000+ ratings! Oh yeah, I should mention that this is no wimp of a book--it's got 402 pages.

The price of the ebook is $1.99; the price of the audio is $1.99. The total price for the WS deal--_$3.98_! How often do you see a WS deal that cheap? But they're commonplace_ with the weekly Kindle exclusive ebooks! And, I should add, they're very easy to find (locate).

If you're wanting to find out what the Kindle exclusives are each week, the simpliest way is to get on Amazon's mailing list for them. It's been so many years since I signed up, that I don't remember how I did it. Maybe some kind soul knows, or will find out, and let us know. I'm sure that tubemonkey knows (to you newbies--tubemonkey knows _everything_ about audiobooks (I'm sure that if he lived in Rome in the late B.C. or early A.D. years, the Senate would have proclaimed him a god)), and maybe he'll read this post.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-07-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:41 PM   #126
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This is the last month I'll be posting these Kindle for Samsung deals. Samsung is ending the program. This is the message they posted on their Samsung Book Deals page:

Quote:
Samsung Book Deals ends on Nov 1, 2018.

October is the last month to redeem a free book as part of this program.

Any books you have previously redeemed using Samsung Book Deals are yours to keep, and will continue to appear in your library after the program ends.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #127
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This is the last month I'll be posting these Kindle for Samsung deals. Samsung is ending the program. This is the message they posted on their Samsung Book Deals page:
Too bad. I'm definitely changing carriers--SOON--and I was going to look harder at Samsung cellphones than I would have, should I not be able to carry my phone with me to the new carrier. No need to now.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:39 PM   #128
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$2.98 Whispersync Deal on a Great Non-Fiction Book.

New week, new slate of Kindle exclusives.

I'm going to highlight one of the deals again. This one is non-fiction.

The whole Whispersync deal is $2.98. The whole deal--the ebook, the audiobook (the same as you buy at Audible), and the syncing benefit.

Folks, you can't find a decent audiobook, by itself, that low in price, anywhere else. Not even in one of Audible's vaunted audiobook sales for (real) members. And rarely, if ever, on an Audible daily special (which, likewise, is for (real) members only). But there are always two or three dozen of them that cheap on each one of the new Kindle Exclusive lists, which lists come out a little before this time every week.

The book that I'm highlighting is one by Elizabeth Heany, The Honor Was Mine. Here's the description:
A young combat veteran hides in his closet under a pile of clothes on bad nights. Another, home for five days, can’t figure out how to talk to his wife. And a commander’s spouse recounts the soul-draining effect of attending nearly one hundred memorial services…

When therapist Elizabeth Heaney left her private practice to counsel military service members and their families, she came face-to-face with unheard-of struggles and fears. Emotions run deeply—and often silently—in the hearts of combat veterans in this eye-opening portrait of the complex, nuanced lives of service personnel, who return from battling the enemy and grapple with readjusting to civilian life.

Presenting the soldiers’ stories—told in their own words—as well as her own story of change, Heaney offers an intimate perspective, not of war itself but of its emotional aftermath. Some of these stories scrape the bone; others are hopeful, even comical. Every one reveals the sacrifices of those on the front lines and the courage, grace, and honor with which they serve.

There's nothing wrong with this book. People like it--it's got a 4.7-star rating at Amazon, and won some awards. It's got a substantial 288 pages.

If you're looking for something on a specific subject you might not find it among the Kindle exclusives. But, if you just want to find something interesting and entertaining to listen to, broaden your horizons, "think outside the box," and be a little more open-minded.

Note: the web address below gives this week's Kindle exclusives. I've only filtered them by choosing "non-fiction" and "eBooks with Audible narration." However, when I was looking around and returning back to that page, the "eBooks with Audible Narration" box somehow kept getting unticked. So you'll want to keep an eye on that.

https://www.amazon.com/s/s/ref=sr_nr...tal-text&ajr=3.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-14-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:49 AM   #129
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I'm philosphically opposed to historical fiction, but philosphically in favor of cheap WS deals. Saving money wins.

The whole WS deal is only _$3.98_, even less if you have one or more book credits.

_Against the Inquisition_. By Marcos Aguinus. 621 pages. 4.2-star at Amazon.

Check it out: https://www.amazon.com/Against-Inqui.../dp/B0746L5TRW.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-16-2018 at 04:52 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:38 PM   #130
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

$6.48 WS Deal on Connecting Christ: How to Discuss Jesus in a World of Diverse Paths.

By Paul Louis Metzger.

In the old days, I wouldn't have considered this a cheap Whispersync deal. But, things have changed. This is a real good WS Deal the way things are nowadays, and for the ebook not to be a Kindle Exclusive (it's published by Thomas Nelson).

The description, from Amazon. It's rather long; but the alternative would be to take a quite a bit of time editing it for length:

We live in a multifaith society: an ever-growing, diverse cultural climate, where no religion is viewed as having a monopoly on truth. It is important when that Christ-followers not only share the Word of God but also listen and learn how to interact meaningfully with those of diverse perspectives as we engage in life’s most important conversations.

Connecting Christ encourages believers to be not only better communicators and witnesses but also listeners to people of other worldviews and traditions—skills that are crucial in defending against today’s negative connotations and ineffective approaches associated with Christian evangelism.

With extensive commentary from leaders of various walks of faith and life — from Judaism to Islam and Buddhism to atheism —theologian and author Dr. Paul Louis Metzger offers a spiritual compass to help navigate the intimidating yet critical dialogue of conveying our faith in Christ. Filled with practical guidance and insight into controversial topics, such as hell, fascism, and homosexuality, Connecting Christ reveals that there is a way of evangelizing that is neither disengaging monologue nor silent, lifestyle ministry but is, instead, an approach for evangelism and dialogue to go hand-in-hand.

We must remove ourselves as the stumbling block to salvation for others and embrace a way to proclaim the uncommon, compassionate God revealed in Jesus Christ—the Savior this world is dying to know.

Some of the salient facts about the ebook and/or the audiobook:
- The ebook has a 4.6 star rating at Amazon, from 24 reviews. It is currently the "#1 best seller at Amazon in Christian Evangelism." The rating of the audiobook is a little weak (3.8 stars), however, but that may be due to the fact that there really aren't enough ratings (just 10) to get a valid figure yet.
- The audiobook alone at Audible is $26.24 (1 credit, though).
- The ebook is 353 pages, resulting in about 11 1/2 hours of listening time.

To get the Whispersync deal, start at the Amazon webpage here.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:20 AM   #131
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I was looking for a reasonably priced history of Mexico for my carpool to listen to.

The one I found actually turns out to be a Whispersync deal, not just an Audible purchase, so I'm putting it here.

Fire & Blood: A History of Mexico by T. R. Fehrenbach has 4.3 stars from 61 reviews, so it can't be too bad.

And, the Whispersync deal is $1.99 for the book (which bounces around a bit, according to eReaderIQ) and then $7.47 for the Audible version. This is not super super cheap at $9.46 for both, but when I went straight to Audible for this book, it was $31.49 (!!!) if you're not a member, which I'm not right now.

Anyway, here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-T-...dp/B00J3EU7EI/
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:38 PM   #132
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I was looking for a reasonably priced history of Mexico for my carpool to listen to.

The one I found actually turns out to be a Whispersync deal, not just an Audible purchase, so I'm putting it here.

Fire & Blood: A History of Mexico by T. R. Fehrenbach has 4.3 stars from 61 reviews, so it can't be too bad.

And, the Whispersync deal is $1.99 for the book (which bounces around a bit, according to eReaderIQ) and then $7.47 for the Audible version. This is not super super cheap at $9.46 for both, but when I went straight to Audible for this book, it was $31.49 (!!!) if you're not a member, which I'm not right now.

Anyway, here's the Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Blood-T-...dp/B00J3EU7EI/
Book's gone up to $5.99 now.

That's a perennial problem--I mean the lack of information that we usually have on the date (and time of the day) that the price will revert to its old one. It's frustrating to go to the trouble, as you obviously have done, to make a post, only to have the deal disappear shortly thereafter.

As far as the price of WS deals is concerned--and sometimes I feel like the Lone Ranger in my thinking about this--I think that peeps need to consider "bang for the buck." The book has just over 700 pages. Divide the 700 pages by 2--that would be equal to two 350-page books, for quite a bit less than $5 each. Not bad. And remember that there would be commensurately long audios, free you might say, to go along with the ebooks. And the original book is very highly rated. So, you would have two good-length, highly-rated ebooks, along with the companion audios, for less than $5 each. So don't feel that a WS deal like you posted as somehow inferior. In my way of thinking, it was a pretty good deal. If it was about a subject that I was interested in, I'd take that deal anyday

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 11-27-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #133
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The God Who Is There: Finding Your Place in God's Story, by D.A. Carson.

Kindle ebook $1.99; audio narration $3.99. Total price $5.98.

Great ratings; 240 pages.

https://www.amazon.com/God-Who-There.../dp/B004C04PDW.

Carson is a very prolific writer, fairly easy to read for the non-professional, and, in my opinion, as sharp as a tack.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-07-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #134
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

See following post.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-16-2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #135
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

A Possible Rich Source of Great Whispersync Deals!

This may be old news. If so, I apologize for taking up your time reading whatever amount of this post that you do. And please go easy on me. (unlike tubemonkeys, I do have a heart). And, even if it is old news, some newbies may not be "in the know" about it.

I think that I have found a rich source of cheap Whispersync deals. It will still require some digging on our part, but maybe someone has, or we can find, an answer to that also.

If you will follow the path below, you can find find ebooks with "narration for $3.99 or less." Then, if you sort the hits from low to high, theoretically you will find the less expensive books (Amazon's "low to high" sort doesn't work well for some reason .

The path is "Kindle Store : Whispersync for Voice: Add Narration for $3.99 or Less". You may have to select "Add Narration for $3.99 or Less" from the menu on the far left side of the webpage.

Let me give you an example of a great Whispersync deal that I found almost immediately:

Flat-Out Love, by Jessie Park. It's the first in a series.

Super ratings at Amazon (I didn't check anywhere else): 4.5 (2,621).

Price of WS deal: $2.98 ($0.99-ebook + $1.99 Audible book)!

Link to the ebook.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 12-16-2018 at 06:16 PM.