Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-08-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 and iPad Air 5
Unhappy ADE and Google Play Error

ADE 2.01 and Google Play Books has been working fine for me until a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've purchased three new books on Google Play Books, downloaded the .acsm files for all three, attempted to open them with ADE 2.01, and receive the following error message:

Quote:
Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_GOOGLE_SERVER_ERROR.
I've done quite a bit of searching, and haven't found anything useful. Just some blog or forum posts from people blaming either Adobe or Google. FWIW, I have exactly one computer authorized under ADE. Any suggestions?
Apparition B5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
It has happened to me several times, usually with the books recently released. It's almost certainly Google's fault, something in the file is incompatible with ADE.

Basically you have two options. Return the books for a refund and buy elsewhere, or wait for a few weeks and try to download again then. Usually the issue has automagically solved itself after a while. Discussing this with the Google Play customer service won't help (I've done it more than once).
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Have you tried using ADE 3.x or 4.x?
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
Have you tried using ADE 3.x or 4.x?
I did try, but it still gave an error message.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It reads like a server error. Nothing to do with ADE 2.0.1 vs newer versions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #6
Apparition B5
Zealot
Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apparition B5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've occasionally tried to download those three books over the past two months, and every time I still receive the

Quote:
Unable to download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_GOOGLE_SERVER_ERROR.
error in ADE 2.0.1.

Yesterday, I bought a couple of older books on Google Play Books, (one published in 2016 and the second in 2014). I went to download them in ADE, when I received the same error message. I am apparently now unable to download any book I bought on Google Play Books that I didn't already download before January 2018.

I don't know if upgrading ADE will resolve this issue as the error message seems to point to Google's servers, and I'm afraid to do so with the change to DRM in more recent ADE versions.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
I've occasionally tried to download those three books over the past two months, and every time I still receive the

error in ADE 2.0.1.

Yesterday, I bought a couple of older books on Google Play Books, (one published in 2016 and the second in 2014). I went to download them in ADE, when I received the same error message. I am apparently now unable to download any book I bought on Google Play Books that I didn't already download before January 2018.

I don't know if upgrading ADE will resolve this issue as the error message seems to point to Google's servers, and I'm afraid to do so with the change to DRM in more recent ADE versions.
I think it's time to ask for a refund. The reason being that since you cannot download the books via ADE, you cannot read them on your ereader (you might have a Pocketbook or a Sony, for instance). That's the reason I've given, naturally I haven't mentioned a Kindle.

Weird, though. I've bought several books from Google Play recently, the last two just an hour ago, and didn't have any problems with ADE 2.0.1.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #8
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Have you tried contacting Google's customer service? I had a problem with a few ebooks (not the same problem you are having). I contacted them by chat and they were able to fix it.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I use aldiko on android.

Works all of times with kobo, fail with books from google. I have to use ADE on the computer.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:37 AM   #10
Apparition B5
Zealot

I never ask for refunds, but I'll just write off Google Play Books from this point on and my purchases on it as a loss, and stick with Amazon Kindle.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:54 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
As it seam you own a kindle, yeah. Buy your your books from Amazon unless you can't do otherwise.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What books are giving you the errors with Google?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #13
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I had that same problem/error with four titles on Google Play, and for months, probably years, I didn't do anything other than check them from time-to-time. Three of the four were just inexpensive repurchases that I still had the DTB if I really really wanted to re-read; the fourth I read using Google Play Books on my phone. I actually prefer reading on my phone, so it was no big issue for me to do this.

Finally, though, we bought a new computer (Win 10 Home) and although I reinstalled the same version of ADE (2.0.x), rather than a newer version, the four books now download just fine.

No idea why, but I'm not complaining...

So maybe try on a totally different computer, if you have access to one.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 05:35 PM   #14
Apparition B5
Zealot

I completely uninstalled Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.1. using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I rebooted, then installed ADE 4.5.8. I then deauthorized my computer, closed ADE, reopened it, and reauthorized my computer. I then downloaded a few .acsm files, and attempted to open them with ADE 4.5.8. Every single one resulted in:

Quote:
Unable to download

At this point, I'm positive that the issue is with Google Play Books itself. From what I understand from some searching, it appears that people's Google Play accounts just randomly get hit with this error, some going back years, and either it'll eventually straighten itself out or it won't.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #15
gimble
Connoisseur
gimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle, Boox
Have you tried (temporarily) authorizing a different device and trying to download from that? Once you have the file(s) on the device, you should be able to transfer/convert with other tools.

Last edited by gimble; 04-24-2018 at 12:54 PM.
gimble is offline   Reply With Quote