Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #31
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
BOb, that's what this whole thread is about, liberating PDF books you buy, and yes you can using copistar

Now copistar liberates it into images, not text. All you need is a good OCR program to convert it to text and then PRC.

More trouble than it's worth. But it IS doable.

Methinks that this whole PDF is too much of a hassle unless it's books which are required for learning or teaching.
I guess that i will stick to what little I do know, which is mobi.
Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:03 AM   #32
Mikan
Mikan began at the beginning.

Device: tapwave zodiac
Cool, I'm glad I found this thread. Anyone have a solution to myscribe? I go to an online school that has texts through myscribe and digital editions, but copistar wouldn't read it. I'd buy copistar in a second if it'd also solve the myscribe problem, but don't feel like doing it since only half my classes are in digital editions. I believe these are still pdf's, but they're even more specially encoded?

I don't want to have to take a huge laptop when I want to study in the car or train or whatever.
Mikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #33
chorpler
Zealot
chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.chorpler has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle; PRS-500; MobiPocket on Windows Mobile
Does myscribe have any free books to see how the system works? The CopiStar people have been really cool -- they've answered my questions in great detail, and so far all the feature requests I've made have been added to the next version that's supposed to come out in December. I've been talking to them for a couple weeks now. I bet they'd take a look at myscribe and see what they can do if there's a way for them to look at a free file.
chorpler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #34
Mikan

Really? That's interesting. Could you ask them about it or should I write them an email? You can import pdf files into it, just can't export them, so I'm sure they could do it that way if they needed a sample or something.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #35
Mikan

Wrote them, I noticed they said that the software supports all digital books, so maybe they'll be inclined to add myscribe. lol