Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 07:13 AM   #1
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
Smile inkpad 840 - new firmware in 2019 (!): dropbox works again

just want to let people know that the original 840 "pocketbook inkpad" has a new firmware v.5.20.706 (build on 21/05/2019) available.
my device did not saw it until i did a factory reset - you mileage may vary
https://www.pocketbook-int.com/us/su...ketbook-inkpad
The nice thing is that dropbox works now again...
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:47 AM   #2
wifile
wifile began at the beginning.

Device: kindle kpw3
is there a wifi disconnect problem after a while ??
wifile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:26 AM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Yes, it's wonderful news. I hope Notes will return to Inkpad 3 too eventually. I am missing them badly.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I've had some problems with the newest firmware update. It doesn't seem able to change the internal filesystem. If I delete folders or books from the library, or open a book and then shutdown the device, everything goes back to what it was when I reboot the device. The deleted files and folders reappear, and newly opened books disappear from the history. This is a big problem for me. I've tried reformating the internal drive, setting factory defaults, and even reverting to older firmware versions (4.4_1277 and 5.15_172), but the update quits early and the device is still at the latest firmware version on rebooting. Does anyone else have similar problems?

Edit: It looks like my internal SD card is dying. It has become read-only, causing the problems I see. I doubt it had anything to do with the update; just bad luck.

Last edited by rkomar; 09-09-2019 at 09:03 PM.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:40 AM   #5
rexgideon
rexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfoldedrexgideon reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-650
Hi Rkomar
Did you found any solution for read-only file system on Inkpad 840?
I have very same situation (history and files are reverted back in time after reader startup ) and it happened few days after newest firmware update.
Also while reading some CBR files, Inkpad is warning about damaged file system.
Tried scandisk (from Windows), restore from backup, reformat, factory reset, nothing helped and nothing happened.
So it can not be bad luck, Pocketbook is damaged by new firmware.
Do not update Inkpad 1 to newest firmware.
rexgideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Same here. Any books I move to it or delete it doesn't work. I've tried going back to old software but of course it doesn't work because nothing stays on it. Going to start a new thread,
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote