Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
MichaelHemp
MichaelHemp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MichaelHemp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MichaelHemp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: None
Post Getting on board...

I am an historian and novelist in Carmel Valley, California, near Carmel-By-The-Sea and Pebble Beach. I am the Cannery Row, Monterey, historian. My history book is "CANNERY ROW, The History of John Steinbeck's Old Ocean View Avenue, an archival photo illustrated history of the sardine industry, John Steinbeck and marine biologist Ed "Doc" Ricketts. ISBN: 9780941425056. http://thehistorycompany.com/

My pursuit of facts as an historian is matched with my passion for truth, expressed in my 2009 Indie Book Awards finalist in fiction, "The Nadjik Pheromone" which is "made" for eBook reading, and is on the Kindle list at Amazon.com, though it is Mac based. ISBN: 9780941425032. http://thenadjikpheromone.com/

I am very interested in connecting with the growing electronic readership and technology changing the conventional book business. The History Company, which could be described as a "micro-publisher," is highly dependent on each book purchased on any format. I am joining to learn about the e-reading technology and benefit from e-readership comments and education that can help me provide optimum delivery of my works.

Thank you for your time and interest.

Michael Kenneth Hemp (Google me)
MichaelHemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi michael, welcome ! we are always really happy to see publishers interested in ebooks and you'll see there are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people here who will be very happy to answer all your questions, so don't hesitate to ask them.

it you're getting started in ebooks, i recommend you learn how to make epub format. epub is the industry standard format and gaining dominance across europe, and it's also gaining ground in the US. you can find out all about epub in our epub forum, and again, don't hesitate to ask questions ! mobipocket is also a popular format, particularly in the US since the kindle can read drm-free mobi, although it's being dropped by more and more device manufacturers in favour of epub (but there are a lot of people with mobi devices out there). epub can be trivially converted to mobipocket, so it's an excellent source format as well as being an end format.

your books look very interesting ; if you ever offer them in a format i can read i may take a look.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Michael and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Michael!

You have definitely come to the right place to gain information about ereading! It is our favorite topic of discussion. I have been ereading for a few years now and absolutely love it. I am one of those people who loves to have any number of books at my fingertips which is one of the reasons I love my reader. The Workshop forum here will give you some ideas on creating ebooks and we have a Writer's Corner, as well, that might prove beneficial. There are also many threads that discuss ebook publishing on topics from the optimal format to ebook pricing. Take a look around and don't hesitate to ask questions. Zelda is correct! The people here are wonderfully helpful. Enjoy.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Michael, welcome aboard! You will find a lot of savvy, interested people on this forum, who love to talk about reading, books and publishing.
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello Michael, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome beach5.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	32260 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiction, history, thriller, truth, truth technology