Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
hugleo
hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kobo glo
Worth it to upgrade my kobo glo?

Hello,

I've a awesome e'reader named kobo glo.

Do you think that worth upgrade for a better read experience? Maybe a bigger screen? Currently I use to read epubs at night, so a good front light?

Is better to wait to next year era? or Which devices do you recommend?

Last edited by hugleo; 12-10-2018 at 02:47 PM.
hugleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugleo View Post
Hello,

I've a awesome e'reader named kobo glo.

Do you think that worth upgrade for a better read experience? Maybe a bigger screen? Currently I use to read epubs at night, so a good front light?

Is better to wait to next year era? or Which devices do you recommend?
Since you like your Glo, you might like the newer Kobo model the Clara HD. It's got a sharper screen and the front light can turn orange at night, making the screen easier to look at in the dark.

If you want a bigger screen, maybe check the Kobo H2O or the Kobo Forma.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
hugleo
hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.hugleo can teach chickens to fly.

What about kobo aura one?
Old 12-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #4
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Also a good one, by the accounts I've read. It would be a pretty large jump in screen size compared to your Glo. Has the night light features, can also borrow directly from libraries depending on which country you're in.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #5
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
I love it.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2019, 01:29 AM   #6
be4morgan
Enthusiast
be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.be4morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
It is always to keep it upgraded when needed.
be4morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:29 AM   #7
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

I really like my Clara HD, my first Kobo after switching from Kindle, but then I got an Aura H2O2 and the extra screen size is GREAT. It's surprising how much difference there is between 6 inches and 6.8, especially when the reader itself is not that much bigger. Either one would be fine, but I'd give the nod to the H2O2
Old 02-03-2019, 12:32 AM   #8
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
I have that one. No orange glow to it but it is a good ereader. I got mine at walmart
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

The Kobo Aura One has two types of lights:

1) Brightness - A regular front light
2) Natural Light - This will give you the light that is comfortable for night reading.

I have one and I love the larger size. It's also great at night or for reading in bed. There is an 'Edition 2' that is out, but I have the first one.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Quote:
I have that one. No orange glow to it but it is a good ereader. I got mine at walmart
Huh??? The Kobo Aura One has Comfortlight Pro. As far as I know, the KA1 was the first ereader to have a colour changing frontlight.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #11
hugleo

Now I'm looking about kobo forma and likebook mars. For my research kobo forma is PWM and the frequency rate of the light is not that good. So In question of lights good for the eyes I think likebook mars is the winner. However sounds like likebook mars doesn’t refresh well the pages and then the kobo software is more adapted for the reading. By example in case of mangas/comics kobo forma would be the winner.