Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
maddypc
maddypc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help please?

I have used Calibre successfully to convert books onto my kindle. I am now trying to put some onto my son's Kindle touch, but though they show up as being in the 'Documents' directory, they don't show up on the Kindle Touch to be read. Can anyone help please?
maddypc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddypc View Post
I have used Calibre successfully to convert books onto my kindle. I am now trying to put some onto my son's Kindle touch, but though they show up as being in the 'Documents' directory, they don't show up on the Kindle Touch to be read. Can anyone help please?
Are you sure they are the right format - mobi or azw?

Have you tried restarting the Kindle Touch?

Also I'm not sure about the Touch organizes the display but look at the top line and try resorting to All items by most recent first. Sometimes it gets changed to only show Collections or the stuff gets moved to the end of the list somehow and you don't see it where you expect.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
maddypc

Thanks. Yes they are all converted to mobi so they would work on the Kindle Touch as well as they work on the original kindle.

Tried a restart but that didn't work. Then I saw a setting to reset. I tried and when it restarted I had a Documents option and i could finally 'see' the books. Now i have the documents option, but no option for music or audible! Now I can't find the reset menu option, or the documents/books option.

Thanks anyway for your suggestions.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Well I don't have a Touch so I can't help you there. You might try asking down in the Kindle forum how to toggle between Documents/Audible/Music/Show All
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
maddypc

Thanks. Will do.
Advert