Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Sony 300 and 600 for (theoretically) $170 and $255, respectively

So, this isn't the most straight-forward way to get the prices, but if you're like me and have to wait to buy a shiny new reader (sadly, for who knows how long...), or are okay waiting a couple of weeks, then I figured I would share. Also, I think it might be US specific, but I could be wrong - as a disclaimer I've never actually bought from them.

(And if it's common knowledge, oops. I tried. )

Okay, so if you join Sony Rewards, you can then subsequently also join the Wheel Watchers Club. Every weekday you enter the answer to the bonus round on that day's Wheel of Fortune and you earn 10 points, as well as being eligible every time for a random trip giveaway, as a bonus. After you've answered I think 10 of them, you get to the Free Spin level and now get 10% off everything in the catalog if you shop through Rewards. If you answer another few (I think it was 15 total? I just hit it the other day but it could have been 20.), then you move onto Jackpot status and everything is now 15% off.

Going through the catalog, this now makes the 300 go from 19,999 to 16,999 points and the 600 from 29,999 to 25,499 points. Points are valued at $0.01 and it says that you can purchase what point you may be lacking for that price as well.

So you get them for $170 and $255. Actually, you'll end up with 150 points or so just to make it to that level, so there's an extra $1.50 off too.

Don't watch Wheel of Fortune? Me either. Thankfully there are blogs that post all the answers, everyday.

So, it's a little more complicated than a coupon, but the 15% discount is on everything, should you also be in the market for a laptop or something. Not bad for taking two seconds of time for a couple of weeks, in my opinion.

MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I do this too! I have 2300 pts. so far and I most always make it past the jackpot level every month. I can bring the puzzle site up an hour before the show actually airs here and I always try to solve it on my own (more fun that way)! But then there are some puzzles, there's no way you'll figure it out without a little more help. I wish you could earn bonus pts. for figuring it out on your own! I never really watched the show before I checked out Sony Rewards.

Thanks for the blog sites, they may come in handy. I remember trying to find the answer to a puzzle earlier in the summer after missing the show, and I thought for sure that I would find something on the net, but never did. So, thanks in advance! BTW, it's now become an obsession for me and my family!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert