Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-20-2015, 05:28 AM   #121
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
C67ML_1.7.2RC1 on Energy Ereader pro working now

Got my homecooked C67ML_1.7.2RC1 update working now on Energy Ereader pro (Pearl display). I was right, it was the size of the ROM that made the problem. system.img isn't supposed to be bigger than 512MB.

Testing it now ... seems to be working without problems.
Now testing battery life ...

Last edited by nhedgehog; 06-20-2015 at 09:16 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #122
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Progress update on CM: I still can't get a boot with the built files but managed to get as far as showing up the boot animation (which means the screen drivers are working) I think I might be doing something wrong with the kernel, I might just try the old zip porting procedure (yah, so noobish, lol) to see if that gets me any further.
But I would like to ask: do you guys think this is useless because even if I manage to get a booting fully working ROM there will most probably be no screen refresh and then someone would need to somehow manage to implement that into the build and I don't really have the skills required to do that (at least not yet) so should I keep trying or just give up?
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2015, 12:57 AM   #123
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

C67ML_1.7.2RC1 Pearl displays

ROM is making a good impression so far.

- Responding time is good, coming out of sleep is instantly (with Energy ROM I sometimes had to press the power button repeatedly).
- OReader in this ROM is a special, slightly crippled version of AlReader 1.63 (missing the extended user options and only 2 profiles [due to that inverted display is missing too])
- NeoReader: had no time to get deeper into it, has a lot of options.
- A lot of options in the system settings - with another launcher (Relaunch) even more..

Till now I'm quite glad about it.

But there is something strange about this ROM. I used it now for several hours and had it sleeping (not switched off) for 13h and the battery is still saying 100%. Not sure if this is a bug or if this ROM is really the Holy Grail regarding the battery life. Still testing it.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 06-21-2015 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 01:23 AM   #124
nhedgehog
Guru

AlReader sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Unfortunately I can't get the sync to work with this version (AlReader). Has anyone else gotten it to work?
I do not use it, but from a look into the menu. Did you try:
Options - Settings Complexity - Professional
+
Tunig - Synchronize reading position - ...
Old 06-21-2015, 10:42 AM   #125
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
ROM is making a good impression so far.

- Responding time is good, coming out of sleep is instantly (with Energy ROM I sometimes had to press the power button repeatedly).
- OReader in this ROM is a special, slightly crippled version of AlReader 1.63 (missing the extended user options and only 2 profiles [due to that inverted display is missing too])
- NeoReader: had no time to get deeper into it, has a lot of options.
- A lot of options in the system settings - with another launcher (Relaunch) even more..

Till now I'm quite glad about it.

But there is something strange about this ROM. I used it now for several hours and had it sleeping (not switched off) for 13h and the battery is still saying 100%. Not sure if this is a bug or if this ROM is really the Holy Grail regarding the battery life. Still testing it.
I have had the same experience with my C67ML Carta ROM. It seemed "stuck" so long on 100% (three days, at least, with reading every day) that I wondered if the ROM could even read battery life accurately. But, over the last few days, the battery percentage is slowly decreasing. It's currently at 74%, and the Battery app tells me I have several more days of usage at the current rate. Again, this is preliminary, so it may be too soon to make definitive statements. But, as of now, battery life seems impressive. My theory on this is that the Onyx ROM was designed for a device with a smaller battery and a CPU always set on max, so it tries harder to be efficient. So, putting this ROM on a device with a bigger battery and a CPU that can be fine tuned (if you root) should yield impressive battery life. Should. So far, so good.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #126
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
I do not use it, but from a look into the menu. Did you try:
Options - Settings Complexity - Professional
+
Tunig - Synchronize reading position - ...
Since that is how you setup sync, yes I did. I can sync using the regular version.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #127
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MagicBook A6LHD
Hi all and many thanks Aceflor for the link to the firmware version 1.7.2.
In the coming days I will do the porting of the firmware. Very interesting, what has changed in her.

Last edited by FOV; 06-22-2015 at 03:20 PM.
FOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:34 PM   #128
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
But which place exactly ? That is not super clear !! Oh I wish we had CWM or TWRP, everything would be so much easier !!!
?
Hi,

There is TWRP for RK3026 but I didn't try it(RK3026 with 1024*600).

Rockchip TWRP

And the dead topic for RK3026 in XDA
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #129
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teom@n View Post
Hi,

There is TWRP for RK3026 but I didn't try it(RK3026 with 1024*600).

Rockchip TWRP

And the dead topic for RK3026 in XDA
If you would have read the thread you would know we have tried to get a working custom recovery but it can't be done because of the screen, the thing is the recovery can't be displayed and we can't make a working one because of the missing display drivers (I also encountered that problem with my CM build at first then managed to fix it).
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:59 PM   #130
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
If you would have read the thread you would know we have tried to get a working custom recovery but it can't be done because of the screen, the thing is the recovery can't be displayed and we can't make a working one because of the missing display drivers (I also encountered that problem with my CM build at first then managed to fix it).
You are right. I wasn't have enough time to read the thread completely so
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:33 PM   #131
FOV
Connoisseur
FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FOV ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Published version 1.7.2RC

To ensure that there were no white screens lock need to make changes in Boot.img

Last edited by FOV; 06-28-2015 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #132
DarKHawK
DarKHawK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thank you FOV.

Successfully installed the 1.7.2RC version on the T62+ and it's working fine.
Last rom was the Energy Sistems rom. And I didn't need flash the boot.img. Apparently it's already tweaked on the Energy Sistems rom.

Quick questions:

What is that icone next to the refresh mod icon? The one with the two arrows?
[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-29-2015 at 05:00 PM.
DarKHawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 09:24 PM   #133
FOV
Connoisseur

This button to switch the mode of operation of the paging buttons (those on the sides of the book are). When 2 arrows depicted is the normal mode of turning pages, and when shown "+-" - that they work as a volume control. For example, in FBReader paging occurs only via a tap on the screen and the volume buttons.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:10 PM   #134
DarKHawK
DarKHawK began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thanks FOV.

Is there a way to remap the hardware refresh button? I remember someone mentioned an xposed module but I don't want to install exposed. Is there any other way?
DarKHawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:17 AM   #135
FOV
Connoisseur

This method until I know. But if you before will know than I, how to remap the hardware keys in the firmware without the third-party software, Then I would be grateful if you will describe it.