Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2015, 07:27 AM   #106
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Yes, but the one trouble is loosing root, and not being able to get it back... How did you root yours ?
Didn't you manage to unpack the system.img?
If yes you can just copy the files from the supersu flashable zip to their place and repack it.
Also could you post the system.img I want to play a bit with it too but only have my wayteq?
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:35 AM   #107
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
Didn't you manage to unpack the system.img?
If yes you can just copy the files from the supersu flashable zip to their place
But which place exactly ? That is not super clear !! Oh I wish we had CWM or TWRP, everything would be so much easier !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
and repack it.
Also could you post the system.img I want to play a bit with it too but only have my wayteq?
I am not at home right now but will do it this evening when I am back. You mean FOV's system.img right ? The CM67 Carta I can't (not sure about Onyx copyrights, as it is not on their main page, but you have the link). Edited: And I ended up not using my cooked one but simply the Onyx one, which does not let me root it. I have no clue whatsoever how to handle the supersu flashable zip file, I think I get where the different files go in the system folder (not even sure though) , but surely there are also scripts that need to be modified, no ?

Last edited by aceflor; 06-10-2015 at 09:53 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #108
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Yes, but the one trouble is loosing root, and not being able to get it back... How did you root yours ?
For rooting, I always keep on my external microSD card an apk called Root Master. When I need to root, I install Root Master and run it. It hasn't failed me with any Onyx or Boyue eReader yet.

You can find it easily online. No doubt, someone on this forum somewhere has posted it! There's one version in Chinese and one in Indonesian, I think. Still, it's easy. Install and start the app. When you come to the first moment when you are given an option of buttons to press, choose the one that has the word "Root" (in English) on it. It will do stuff and give you button choices again. Again, choose the button with "Root" on it. It does more stuff and then proclaims Root! (among the Chinese words) if all goes well. Then click the right button and exit the app. You have root.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #109
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
For rooting, I always keep on my external microSD card an apk called Root Master. When I need to root, I install Root Master and run it. It hasn't failed me with any Onyx or Boyue eReader yet.

You can find it easily online. No doubt, someone on this forum somewhere has posted it! There's one version in Chinese and one in Indonesian, I think. Still, it's easy. Install and start the app. When you come to the first moment when you are given an option of buttons to press, choose the one that has the word "Root" (in English) on it. It will do stuff and give you button choices again. Again, choose the button with "Root" on it. It does more stuff and then proclaims Root! (among the Chinese words) if all goes well. Then click the right button and exit the app. You have root.
I have it, and tried it, but it failed as did all the other root methods I know of (Root Master, Kingoroot, Towelroot, and so on). I think the system folder I extracted out of the Onyx C67ML Carta 1.7.2 update.zip is missing the files that are necessary to root, so that I can build a working image out of it but not a rootable one. I really need root, so we are back to the starting point...
Old 06-10-2015, 01:49 PM   #110
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
But which place exactly ? That is not super clear !! Oh I wish we had CWM or TWRP, everything would be so much easier !!!

I am not at home right now but will do it this evening when I am back. You mean FOV's system.img right ? The CM67 Carta I can't (not sure about Onyx copyrights, as it is not on their main page, but you have the link). Edited: And I ended up not using my cooked one but simply the Onyx one, which does not let me root it. I have no clue whatsoever how to handle the supersu flashable zip file, I think I get where the different files go in the system folder (not even sure though) , but surely there are also scripts that need to be modified, no ?
I was talking about the carta system.img, don't worry about copyrights, 1st thing is I'm sure Onyx will never even look on this forum and 2nd it's not as if they could do anything to you just for posting the system.img of their ROM, it's like dumping the system of any android device, you just post what's on the system partition, it happens all over the internet for all types of devices.

EDIT: Also I have an other device made in China (a tablet: Onda v975m) and people have been re-posting their beta firmware versions all over the forums, it's not like the company actually has what to do or will do, also I'm asking you for the system.img because baidu here seems to be incredibly slow, downloading the update would take me about 2 days.

Last edited by Ranomez; 06-10-2015 at 01:54 PM.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2015, 02:16 PM   #111
aceflor
Wizard

Yes, well anyway the 300 MB are over the top for MR. I will see if I can upload them somewhere for you...Edited: done.

Last edited by aceflor; 06-11-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 AM   #112
aceflor
Wizard

Thanks to downeaster, I now have a rooted device running the 1.7.2 version of the C67 ML Carta software. I really really like it. There is a huge difference in my eyes between 1.7.0 (or at least Fov's version of it) for Pearl and 1.7.2 for Carta on the Pro+.

I have Neo Reader for PDF and ePUBs which I like as is (CSS-wise), Alreader (the 1.65 version) for ePUBs which I want to format myself, Goldendict perfectly working with both, Scribd, and ES File Explorer running on it. I don't need much more. I also updated my T68 with Booxtore equivalent of the 1.7.2 version and it is also running very smoothly, with the same apps.

Thanks to everyone who participated on this thread, your posts have been very helpful.

Last edited by aceflor; 06-11-2015 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 09:08 AM   #113
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Thanks to downeaster, I now have a rooted device running the 1.7.2 version of the C67 ML Carta software. I really really like it. There is a huge difference in my eyes between 1.7.0 (or at least Fov's version of it) for Pearl and 1.7.2 for Carta on the Pro+.

I have Neo Reader for PDF and ePUBs which I like as is (CSS-wise), Alreader (the 1.65 version) for ePUBs which I want to format myself, Goldendict perfectly working with both, Scribd, and ES File Explorer running on it. I don't need much more. I also updated my T68 with Booxtore equivalent of the 1.7.2 version and it is also running very smoothly, with the same apps.
Did you manage to get the refresh/light button to work?
Since I couldn't get it working, I went back to the energy sistem rom.
BTW: Use AlReader from this post. I think its version 1.6.3 but the special eink version from Mike which solves some refresh problems and has integrated light control etc.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #114
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
BTW: Use AlReader from this post. I think its version 1.6.3 but the special eink version from Mike which solves some refresh problems and has integrated light control etc.
No, I did not manage to get it to work but AlReader 1.65 has a perfect refresh and great profiles, so it works for me and I'll keep it that way for the time being..I end up never using the refresh button now.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #115
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I did not manage to get it to work but AlReader 1.65 has a perfect refresh and great profiles, so it works for me and I'll keep it that way for the time being..I end up never using the refresh button now.
If you want the screen to refresh, press the top part of either page turn button (the arrow that points left) and hold it. It will refresh the screen in a second or two. Since it's the left page turn button in the C67 ML that does a refresh, I assumed that the left turn button on the T62+ would do the same... and it does.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #116
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
If you want the screen to refresh, press the top part of either page turn button (the arrow that points left) and hold it. It will refresh the screen in a second or two. Since it's the left page turn button in the C67 ML that does a refresh, I assumed that the left turn button on the T62+ would do the same... and it does.
Yes, I know, thanks. But actually with the Alreader 1.65 I don't need the refresh manipulation as I did set it to refresh every page.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:13 PM   #117
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Unfortunately I can't get the sync to work with this version. Has anyone else gotten it to work?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #118
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

C67ML_1.7.2RC1 on Energy Ereader pro not working

I can't produce a working system.img from C67ML_1.7.2RC1 on Energy Ereader pro. The download format is a zip file.
I tried to unpack FOV's system.img and updated it with the files in the system directory in the update.zip and packed it again. Changed my boot.img according to FOV's specifications.
Flashed the new system.img and boot.img onto the device and suffered from constant bootloop. From my recovery attemps it seems, that they changed the size of the system partition.
So I guess waiting for FOV to help us out is the option.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:39 AM   #119
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
I can't produce a working system.img from C67ML_1.7.2RC1 on Energy Ereader pro. The download format is a zip file.
I tried to unpack FOV's system.img and updated it with the files in the system directory in the update.zip and packed it again. Changed my boot.img according to FOV's specifications.
Flashed the new system.img and boot.img onto the device and suffered from constant bootloop. From my recovery attemps it seems, that they changed the size of the system partition.
So I guess waiting for FOV to help us out is the option.
Do you have the Pro or Pro+? I only ask because I have a working system.img of the C67ML 1.7.2 Carta working from my Boyue T62+. If you have the Pro+, my system.img might help you. If you have the Pro, then it won't.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #120
nhedgehog
Guru

Quote:
Do you have the Pro or Pro+? I only ask because I have a working system.img of the C67ML 1.7.2 Carta working from my Boyue T62+. If you have the Pro+, my system.img might help you. If you have the Pro, then it won't.
Thanks for the offer, I have the pro not the carta version.

Anyway I think I read on the chinese website, that they changed the userspace size. My system.img is 578 MB big and it did make the internal space unreadable after going back to the Energy firmware, so I had to reupload the whole firmware bunch, not only the system.img to get the device working again.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 06-19-2015 at 02:31 PM.