Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #91
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post

So I will now see if I too can do that... And what can be done about the notifications. i guess you have already tried the Factory reset ?

But it will be tomorrow, as angels in Europe are now going to bed.
I did the factory reset right away. I am now using Calibre Companion to move some of my eBooks into the Books folder. Perhaps that may quell the notification. If not, there's always something else to try.

That boot.mg will allow you to control the light in your Boyue T62+ if you also install the Onyx Boox C67 ML Carta ROM. The ROM itself seems to be behaving nicely so far, except for that notification. At this point, I like it on the T62+ better than either the Boyue ROM or the Energy Sistem ROM I had tried. We'll see how battery life is.

Pleasant dreams, aceflor!
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:55 PM   #92
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I already installed the c67ml pearl adaptation by Fov on my energy pro+ yesterday, also adapting the boot.img according to his indications, and it works great. Tomorrow I will try to do the same with the carta version.

One question..you used the system image of the new 1.7.2 fw version, the one on the bbs forum, right ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #93
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
I already installed the c67ml pearl adaptation by Fov on my energy pro+ yesterday, also adapting the boot.img according to his indications, and it works great. Tomorrow I will try to do the same with the carta version.

One question..you used the system image of the new 1.7.2 fw version, the one on the bbs forum, right ?
What forum?
Also you said you managed to unpack system.img with rkwintools, how did you do that, it only unpacks boot, recovery and kernel?

And about the notification to check the tts, dictionary and books, just do that, I can't actually remember what makes the notification go but I just opened the usage manual, the tts settings and the dictionary settings and it went away.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #94
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

The version I have is 1.7.1. I haven't seen any sign of a 1.7.2. I'll have to track down this bbs forum and find out.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:18 PM   #95
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
What forum?
Also you said you managed to unpack system.img with rkwintools, how did you do that, it only unpacks boot, recovery and kernel?

And about the notification to check the tts, dictionary and books, just do that, I can't actually remember what makes the notification go but I just opened the usage manual, the tts settings and the dictionary settings and it went away.
I'd like to know what forum, too!

I found that the dictionaries that come with the C67 ML did not get installed onto my T62+, so I copied the files from my C67ML. I did open all three places. The notifications now come up only when I go into the app drawer.

I like the C67 ROM on my T62+ so far. I'll see how battery life is.
Advert
Old 06-09-2015, 12:48 AM   #96
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The forum where all the Onyx FW are first posted (1.7.2. is beta I think), in chinese so use google translate :

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn/forum-5-1.html

Specifically for the C67ML Carta :

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23295-1-1.html

RKWinTools... well, I just switched my brain to my reverse engineering mode and gave it a thought. So here goes : put the system.img in the IN Folder, choose 30, choose yes, choose 1 (the system.img). This is just to ensure it starts OK. put the System image in the Unpack/Firmware/Image folder. Choose 5 (Unpack ext2/3) and wait. When it's done you have the content in the Unpack/System folder. Obviously you can pack everything back with 15 and have a system.img delivered in Pack/System.

or use the RK2918/RK3066 Image Unpack/Repack tool which you can download here :
http://www.rockchip.nl/downloads/

Ranomez, I just followed your advice, you said (or at least that's how I read you) that I should move my b... and do my own Rom Cooking. Challenge accepted..

I have my own cooked version of 1.7.2 with the modified boot.img since yesterday but I did not test it because I was short on time. Today is going to be tough too, as I'll be doing lots of errands, but tonight, latest tomorrow morning, I'll test it.

What I did : downloaded the c67ml carta 1.7.2 from bbs.onyx.forum. unzipped it, packed the system as img, changed the boot.img accordingly to adapt to my device (pro+) and repacked it as img. Now I need time to backup all that I have installed so nicely on "my pro+ modded 1.7.0 c67ml pearl" and try to make a "pro+ modded 1.7.2 c67ml carta" out of it.

I will also feed my kids, I am the queen of multitasking .

PS: Y un beso a todos los conmpañeros de lectoreselectronicos, quien van a leer eso. Yo he aprendido mucho del hilo sobre el tagus 2015, gracias a todos por eso. Despues de probarlo yo misma, queria escribir sobre este Rom Kitchen en el hilo pero desde la nueva actualización del Forum no puedo usar mi pseudo asi que tuve que tomar un nuevo y con un pseudo desconocido no voy a estar muy credible....

Last edited by aceflor; 06-09-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:35 AM   #97
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Quote:
The forum where all the Onyx FW are first posted (1.7.2. is beta I think), in chinese so use google translate :

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23293-1-1.html

RKWinTools... well, I just switched my brain to my reverse engineering mode and gave it a thought. So here goes : put the system.img in the IN Folder, choose 30, choose yes, choose 1 (the system.img). This is just to ensure it starts OK. put the System image in the Unpack/Firmware/Image folder. Choose 5 (Unpack ext2/3) and wait. When it's done you have the content in the Unpack/System folder. Obviously you can pack everything back with 15 and have a system.img delivered in Pack/System.

Ranomez, I just followed your advice, you said (or at least that's how I read you) that I should move my b... and do my own Rom Cooking. Challenge accepted..

I have my own cooked version of 1.7.2 with the modified boot.img since yesterday but I did not test it because I was short on time. Today is going to be tough too, as I'll be doing lots of errands, but tonight, latest tomorrow morning, I'll test it.

What I did : downloaded the c67ml carta 1.7.2 from bbs.onyx.forum. unzipped it, packed the system as img, changed the boot.img accordingly to adapt to my device (pro+) and repacked it as img. Now I need time to backup all that I have installed so nicely on "my pro+ modded 1.7.0 c67ml pearl" and try to make a "pro+ modded 1.7.2 c67ml carta" out of it.

PS: Y un beso a todos los conmpañeros de lectoreselectronicos, quien van a leer eso. Yo he aprendido mucho del hilo sobre el tagus 2015, gracias a todos por eso. Despues de probarlo yo misma, queria escribir sobre este Rom Kitchen en el hilo pero desde la nueva actualización del Forum no puedo usar mi pseudo asi que tuve que tomar un nuevo y con un pseudo desconocido no voy a estar muy credible....
Well I am an idiot, lol, thank you for telling me how to unpack that stupid system.img, now I can finally test if my CM10.1 does boot or not.

Also I didn't say you should cook a ROM yourself, I just merely suggested that, if you don't have the patience to wait for FOV to do it, you could give it a try, like what's the worst thing that can happen, it's not like you can totally brick the device (as long as you don't try to flash the wrong bootloader that is, of course, lol).

EDIT: Also forgot to say that if you want I could test your ROM/'s for you also, it's way easier to debug if there are more people discovering the bugs.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:59 AM   #98
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23293-1-1.html

Muchas gracias, señora!

That bbs, in my translation, says that that 1.7.2 update is not for the C67ML Carta, but for the C67ML (Pearl, I assume). You might want to check that out again before you try installing it!

Edit: This is the link for the Carta version:http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23295-1-1.html

Last edited by downeaster59; 06-09-2015 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:45 AM   #99
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Muchas gracias, señora!

That bbs, in my translation, says that that 1.7.2 update is not for the C67ML Carta, but for the C67ML (Pearl, I assume). You might want to check that out again before you try installing it!

Edit: This is the link for the Carta version:http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23295-1-1.html
Oh sorry, was in a hurry this morning !!! Will correct that in my post as soon as I am home !!!

Edit: ok, managed to correct that in my post. Will test tomorrow, too little time today.

Last edited by aceflor; 06-09-2015 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 07:11 AM   #100
downeaster59
Wizard

I have 1.7.2 on my C67 ML Carta now. I see a couple of tweaks. The Storage section has been fixed and it looks like the Storage sections of most Android tablets. The readouts are more accurate. Looks like Neo Reader has been tweaked as well - even better than before.

I'll make a system image later so I can try it on my Boyue T62+. A question. I wonder if I can make system.img and data.img from my C67 Carta and install both on my Boyue. That could eliminate the pesky pop-up notifications I get on the Boyue. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?
Old 06-09-2015, 08:38 AM   #101
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
I have 1.7.2 on my C67 ML Carta now. I see a couple of tweaks. The Storage section has been fixed and it looks like the Storage sections of most Android tablets. The readouts are more accurate. Looks like Neo Reader has been tweaked as well - even better than before.

I'll make a system image later so I can try it on my Boyue T62+. A question. I wonder if I can make system.img and data.img from my C67 Carta and install both on my Boyue. That could eliminate the pesky pop-up notifications I get on the Boyue. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?
No, I see no reason why this should not work.

I am backing up my working installation now, and will begin experimenting later on.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #102
aceflor
Wizard

So I am tired, and it is not working. I managed once to get a system.img of a consistent to what it should be size, but the pro+ would not accept it. Every other attempt to pack a system.img failed.

I am tired and not thinkoing straight. Going back to the ported version I was using that worked and will try to have clearer ideas tomorrow.

Edit : Success. I had one last try, and it worked. am now on 1.7.2 for the Carta C67ML. Much better resolution btw..

If one of you reminds me of how to do a screenshot, I'll post details tomorrow. Oh, and what I did wrong was using option 15 instead of 16 on RKWintools. The first time I used the correct one, but forgot to pack the apps (Duh !), the 2nd and third time I was falling asleep and trying 15, then I remembered that I need ext4 and so with option 16 it worked like charm. If you were like me on the Fov ported ROM and had already modified your boot to get the lighting, no need to install a new boot.img again, the system.img is enough.

YAWN.. goign to bed now....

Last edited by aceflor; 06-09-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #103
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:

Could you install it on the T62+? And could you root ?
Old 06-10-2015, 06:52 AM   #104
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Could you install it on the T62+? And could you root ?
I installed the system.img from my C67 Carta on my T62+. I didn't try installing the data.img from the C67, though. Because my T62+ already had the C67 Carta 1.7.1 on it, this was like a simple update rather than a ROM change. No need to do a factory reset. I lost root in the upgrade, but it was easy to root again. I still get those notifications whenever I open the app drawer, but they don't come up when I am reading or using an app. Everything seems to be running well. It's too early to know for sure, but battery life looks good at this point.

Having the C67 1.7.2 ROM on my Boyue T62+ seems like the best of both worlds. As you say, the C67 ROM has better resolution and contrast. But I also get the larger user app partition and the longer battery life of the Boyue.

Oh, congratulations for being able to get 1.7.2 working on your Pro+!
Old 06-10-2015, 06:53 AM   #105
aceflor
Wizard

Yes, but the one trouble is loosing root, and not being able to get it back... How did you root yours ?