Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2015, 03:24 PM   #76
hob
Connoisseur
hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.hob can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
See the edit on my last post. If you're rooted, full!screen will do the job.
Thanks

Edit: Oh nice, it works fantastic and also has a lot of useful options! Obviously much better than the built-in feature in Boyue's firmware which was painful to use!

Last edited by hob; 05-16-2015 at 04:00 PM.
hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 AM   #77
V3t
V3t doesn't litterV3t doesn't litter

Device: Energy E-Reader Pro+
Sorry for the slow reply after such a long detailed post. I wanted to give it a good amount of days to see if I noticed any difference after following your advice.

I am still getting the issue of not entering deep sleep, it may be slightly better but not much. Without the kernel sources I suspect there is nothing I can do presently. It's a shame as if it entered deep sleep and stayed there I'm pretty sure I could be getting almost a weeks use out of it! I may try flashing the firmware even though it seems to the exact same one, but would rule that possibility out.

Perhaps there are different hardware revisions - could be another possibility.

I had been using the Full!Screen app but had put off purchasing it (to enable for certain apps) as I wondered if there was an alternative solution that hid the current one in application's full screen mode, as the expected behavior should do that. I do like making the buttons completely transparent though!
V3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #78
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wayteq xBook-60fl
Hey guys I started experimenting with my e-book reader again, does anyone know what tool I can use to unpack the zImage? I tried many already and they don't seem to work on this rk zImage (but do on my other device) so if anyone has the required rk tools I would be very thankful.

EDIT: Sorry for the stupid question....just ignore it, my other device boots directly with zImage and initramfs.cpio.gz and you can unpack the zImage using some proprietary tools, that's why I got confused.

EDIT2: If anyone knows how to unpack the backed up system.img file and then repack it please tell me, I want to try something. (hint: I might or might have not managed to compile CM with the stock kernel, don't get your hopes up...I'm not even close to being sure that the screen will actually work and to test it I need to find out how to unpack system.img).

Last edited by Ranomez; 05-31-2015 at 08:43 PM.
Ranomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #79
V3t
V3t doesn't litterV3t doesn't litter

Device: Energy E-Reader Pro+
Seems the battery drain is fixed for me now. I was trying a few things but am pretty sure it fixed right after I removed Gmail and Google Drive using Titanium Backup. Neither caused any wakelocks or alarms in BBS... Please note I have the newest Google Play Services for Play Music and that WiFi was on the whole time (which you can see in BBS log).

Screen light was on for around 2hours of reading at about 50% brightness giving around 12 days of stand-by with 35% battery left. I'm sure turning the frontlight down and using the frontlight less would yield around 20 days!
V3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:53 PM   #80
urbie
Enthusiast
urbie began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
What method you used to root your Energy Pro+ ? I 've exactly the same including Kernel and Buildnr. Unfortunately next week it travels the reverse way to Spain due an unresponsive spot on the screen. I also noticed Windows 8.1 has troubles with RKbatchtool. Couldn't get a connection on a W 8.1 system and had more luck on my old Windows 7 laptop. (To exclude a software flaw i flashed the FirmWare)
As reading app i use ALreader, lots of usefull options and fullscreen reading.

Last edited by urbie; 06-05-2015 at 04:11 PM.
urbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #81
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I now have an energy sistem pro+ in our household (don't ask how it got here) and have been trying to play with the "Kitchen". Not liking it much in comparison to the Rom Kitchen I have used for my phones, but better than nothing.
I have tried the C67 Port on my device, everything was fine except from the light, and no other ROM will work, for lack of system.img, since everything I found was in update.zip form, extractible to boot.img + folders, and I cannot remember how to pack a system.img (if I ever did know how to). The only one appliable is the pro+, but duh, that's the one I have on board anyway... The lack of working light is a problem though, so I switched back to the energy sistem one.

But truth is, the only interesting ones are the Onyx FW, the new Neo Reader is supposed to be superb (in 1.7.2 versions of the firmware), and the ability to use dictionary with the native readers (adobe and fbreader) is really nice, I miss those two points A LOT !!!!

So pretty pretty pretty please with chocolate sauce and Karma on top, would one of you guys work on this ? It's summer, I know, the biergarten season is open, I know, and the girls all wear miniskirts or shorts (I am not even sure those things can be called skirts, or shorts..), but can someone bake me an Onyx Rom for my energy sistem pro+ with a working light and the original Onyx apps ???
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:15 AM   #82
Ranomez
Enthusiast
Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ranomez ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
I now have an energy sistem pro+ in our household (don't ask how it got here) and have been trying to play with the "Kitchen". Not liking it much in comparison to the Rom Kitchen I have used for my phones, but better than nothing.
I have tried the C67 Port on my device, everything was fine except from the light, and no other ROM will work, for lack of system.img, since everything I found was in update.zip form, extractible to boot.img + folders, and I cannot remember how to pack a system.img (if I ever did know how to). The only one appliable is the pro+, but duh, that's the one I have on board anyway... The lack of working light is a problem though, so I switched back to the energy sistem one.

But truth is, the only interesting ones are the Onyx FW, the new Neo Reader is supposed to be superb (in 1.7.2 versions of the firmware), and the ability to use dictionary with the native readers (adobe and fbreader) is really nice, I miss those two points A LOT !!!!

So pretty pretty pretty please with chocolate sauce and Karma on top, would one of you guys work on this ? It's summer, I know, the biergarten season is open, I know, and the girls all wear miniskirts or shorts (I am not even sure those things can be called skirts, or shorts..), but can someone bake me an Onyx Rom for my energy sistem pro+ with a working light and the original Onyx apps ???
To have the light working you need to modify the kernel as FOV described in his post.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #83
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranomez View Post
To have the light working you need to modify the kernel as FOV described in his post.
I know, but the explanations were not very clear to me, and so I left that and went back to the energy sistem FW. I might give it another try today...but the newest version of the onyx FW, 1.7.2, also has the new Neo Reader, so that would be really great to have ported....
Old 06-07-2015, 12:53 AM   #84
Ranomez
Enthusiast

Quote:
I know, but the explanations were not very clear to me, and so I left that and went back to the energy sistem FW. I might give it another try today...but the newest version of the onyx FW, 1.7.2, also has the new Neo Reader, so that would be really great to have ported....
All you need to do is decompile the kernel and then in the init.rc file you need to add the "chmod 0777 /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness" line under "chown root radio /proc/cmdline"
As for the new version I am sure FOV will update it but it might take him some time so just relax and wait or have your own go at porting it or doing something else, I am working on CM10.1, I actually built it already but I have no idea how on earth RK's img files are made because I can't decompile or mount the system.img file in any way.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:59 AM   #85
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
All you need to do is decompile the kernel and then in the init.rc file you need to add the "chmod 0777 /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness" line under "chown root radio /proc/cmdline"
As for the new version I am sure FOV will update it but it might take him some time so just relax and wait or have your own go at porting it or doing something else, I am working on CM10.1, I actually built it already but I have no idea how on earth RK's img files are made because I can't decompile or mount the system.img file in any way.
i understood that, but was working with my update file since the energy sistem pro does not adb anymore and i did not dump the boot image (yeah, I know right...?!). And the update file does not want to unpack....but will keep on trying.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 AM   #86
Ranomez
Enthusiast

Quote:
i understood that, but was working with my update file since the energy sistem pro does not adb anymore and i did not dump the boot image (yeah, I know right...?!). And the update file does not want to unpack....but will keep on trying.
You don't need adb on this device to dump the boot image. Also if you are on the Onyx ROM you need to enable the developer options menu in settings (attention: not the settings on the homescreen, the one in the all apps section) like you would do on any android device.
Old 06-07-2015, 04:21 AM   #87
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
You don't need adb on this device to dump the boot image. Also if you are on the Onyx ROM you need to enable the developer options menu in settings (attention: not the settings on the homescreen, the one in the all apps section) like you would do on any android device.
Thanks, I had figured the adb problem out and am all done already and have been reading and testing the readers apps for almost an hour. So yes, the light works perfectly well now. I am not crazy about all these dark backgrounds, but I will need to spend some more time to configure things as I like it. I am still hoping for a port of 1.7.2 for Carta (this one is 1.7.0 for Pearl if I understand correctly) because of the major improvements on the Neo Reader on this last version.

Last edited by aceflor; 06-07-2015 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #88
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Okay, I have installed the Boox C67 ML Carta ROM on my Boyue T62+. It seems to be working. The light is quite bright but the light controls do not work, nor does the Brightness Control app work. I may have to read up on how to decompile a kernel and recompile it!

I get a pop-up notification every few minutes, telling me to please check the pre-installed books, dictionary and tts. Not sure what that is about.

If I can get the light control working, this could be a nice ROM for the Boyue. I have the Boyue's full 1 GB of user app space, the Boyue's bigger battery and more customizable kernel, and the C67 Carta ROM feels pretty snappy on the Boyue hardware. This experiment is promising so far.

Now, to see about that pesky light....
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:08 PM   #89
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I spent a little time studying FOV's post. I now have a working light control!!!! I have a modified boot.img that will do the trick. I'm uploading it. I hope it attaches. This modified boot.img is for the Boyue T62+ running the Onyx Boox C67 ML Carta ROM.

An angel was watching over me....

PS: If anyone has any ideas as to what to do about this notification that pops up occasionally asking me to check the pre-installed books, dictionary and tts, I'd appreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Boot.zip (4.08 MB, 351 views)

Last edited by downeaster59; 06-08-2015 at 04:02 PM.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #90
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I spent a little time studying FOV's post. I now have a working light control!!!! I have a modified boot.img that will do the trick. I'm uploading it. I hope it attaches. This modified boot.img is for the Boyue T62+ running the Onyx Boox C67 ML Carta ROM.

An angel was watching over me....

PS: If anyone has any ideas as to what to do about this notification that pops up occasionally asking me to check the pre-installed books, dictionary and tts, I'd appreciate it.

So I will now see if I too can do that... And what can be done about the notifications. I guess you have already tried the Factory reset ? I will start with the existing update for the C67ml carta and will compare the system folders to the content of fov's system.img folders (I managed to unpack it with rkwintools). I think there could be the clue to your notifications problem.

But it will be tomorrow, as angels in Europe are now going to bed.

Last edited by aceflor; 06-08-2015 at 04:21 PM.