Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #121
JustinThought
Groupie
JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JustinThought ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab-3 7"
I know you people don't have nearly enough to do taking care of us N00Bs (kidding, of course), but I've encountered a strange problem.

I downloaded Epubcheck v0.3.8, and have successfully loaded it on my working computers. So this weekend, I came into possession of yet another laptop. Loaded everything, but now, when I run EpubCheck on this machine only, I get the following error:

Running ePubCheck ... please wait
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sigil\plugin_launchers\python\launcher.py", line 135, in launch
self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
File "C:\Users\Ovonel\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 109, in run
result = jarWrapper(*args)
File "C:\Users\Ovonel\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\EpubCheck\plugin.py", line 30, in jarWrapper
process = Popen(list(args), stdout=PIPE, stderr=PIPE)
File "subprocess.py", line 947, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 1224, in _execute_child
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado
Error: [WinError 2] El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado

(sorry, my machine speaks Spanglish most of the time)

Basically, that last line says the system can't find the specified file.

What advice can you give me?

Environment: Windows 7, SP1 (ahem!), Sigil 0.9.7

(edited to show my idiocy) Never mind. Didn't have Java installed. Life is now wonderful.

Didja know the movie Idiocracy was a documentary?

Last edited by JustinThought; 11-08-2016 at 11:39 AM.
JustinThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #122
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think that usually means that the java executable can't be found on your computer (EPubCheck is a java program), but I'll let Doitsu answer for sure. The first post in this thread has some good tips for testing your java setup.

EDIT: Never mind. I see you figured it out.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-08-2016 at 12:57 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2016, 07:40 AM   #123
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I've attached an updated version with epubcheck 4.0.2 to the first post. For more information on epubcheck 4.0.2, see the official release notes.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #124
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I've attached an updated version with epubcheck 4.0.2 to the first post. For more information on epubcheck 4.0.2, see the official release notes.
There are still old versions 3.0.1 and epubcheck EpubCheck_v.0.3.9
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #125
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
There are still old versions 3.0.1 and epubcheck EpubCheck_v.0.3.9
I haven't updated the version for older Sigil versions in a while, because nobody asked for it. It is bundled with epubcheck 3.0.1.
If you're using a Sigil version older than Sigil 0.8.7, I could attach an updated version with epubcheck 4.0.1.
If you're using Sigil 0.8.7 or higher you should download and install EpubCheck_v0.3.9.zip.
Advert
Old 12-14-2016, 05:20 AM   #126
bravosx
Connoisseur

Quote:
I haven't updated the version for older Sigil versions in a while, because nobody asked for it. It is bundled with epubcheck 3.0.1.
If you're using a Sigil version older than Sigil 0.8.7, I could attach an updated version with epubcheck 4.0.1.
If you're using Sigil 0.8.7 or higher you should download and install EpubCheck_v0.3.9.zip.
Thanks. I have installed the plug Sigil 0.9.7 to version 0.3.9, plus software EPUB-Checker 4.0.1 and generally I use it.

Regards bravosx
Old 12-15-2016, 05:57 AM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosx View Post
Thanks. I have installed the plug Sigil 0.9.7 to version 0.3.9, plus software EPUB-Checker 4.0.1 and generally I use it.

Regards bravosx
EPUB-Checker was updated for epubcheck 4.0.2.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #128
bravosx
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
EPUB-Checker was updated for epubcheck 4.0.2.
Thank you greetings.
bravosx
Old 12-16-2016, 08:38 AM   #129
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I downloaded Epubcheck-v4.2.zip from the Github repository, but trying to add it to the Sigil plugins renders: "This is not a valid Sigil plugin". Sigil Version: 0.9.7, Windows 10 32 bit.
The current EpubCheck version that I use is 3.0.9. It works fine.
Supposing that "epubcheck.zip" in post #1 is version 4.2., I downloaded it as well, but with the notice that it couldn't be installed
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #130
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
I downloaded Epubcheck-v4.2.zip from the Github repository, but trying to add it to the Sigil plugins renders: "This is not a valid Sigil plugin". Sigil Version: 0.9.7, Windows 10 32 bit.
The Github zip file can't be added to Sigil because it only contains the epubcheck java files. (Sigil plugins require additional Python files.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
The current EpubCheck version that I use is 3.0.9. It works fine.
EpubCheck_v0.3.9.zip is the latest version of the epubcheck plugin. It contains epbubcheck 4.0.2.
I.e., the plugin version number does not match the epubcheck version number. (I might bring both in sync in the next version.)
Old 12-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #131
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Quote:
The Github zip file can't be added to Sigil because it only contains the epubcheck java files. (Sigil plugins require additional Python files).
Suspicioned something like that.

Quote:
EpubCheck_v0.3.9.zip is the latest version of the epubcheck plugin. It contains epbubcheck 4.0.2.
I.e., the plugin version number does not match the epubcheck version number. (I might bring both in sync in the next version.)
Ah, now I understand! Thank you!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:06 AM   #132
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
This version [0.3.9] should also display correct line numbers in the OSX Sigil version, but I haven't been able to test this.
Not sure if anyone else got back to you on this (don't have time to go through the entire thread), but in case no one did, I just gave your marvelous plug-in a try, and the line numbers display correctly on my Mac. Thank you!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:17 PM   #133
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu
To find out whether these programs are installed, enter the following commands in a terminal/command prompt window:

python -V (should display Python 2.7.x)
java -version (should display java version "1.8.0_xx" or a higher version number)
My command prompt says, "python (java) is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file." I cant find them in C:\Program files either.

Do these not come automatically with modern Windows pc's? Should I go somewhere and download them before trying Epub check?

Sorry, Im not a wizz with computers.
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #134
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
My command prompt says, "python (java) is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file." I cant find them in C:\Program files either.
You only need to install Python if you're using an older version of Sigil. (To activate the bundled interpreter select Plugins > Manage Plugins > Use Bundled Python.)
To install Java download the installer from the Oracle web site. (You'll need to reboot your computer after the installation.)
Old 06-17-2017, 02:38 AM   #135
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Thanks Doitsu,

Ive got it up and going now, and a list of validation results have been produced. They will require some study (especially me) but I cannot see where to print them. Can the validation results be saved, or sent to a printer?
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote