Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #91
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Version 0.3.7 released

I attached the latest version, 0.3.7 to the first post. I implemented some minor bugfixes and implemented plugin preference support, which allows you to display epubcheck messages in a different language (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Japanese* and Dutch).

*Japanese is only supported on Linux machines and probably Japanese Windows machines and OSX machines.

This version should also fix codepage and line number problems with the OSX version thanks to code provided by wrCisco.

You can also disable update checks via a preference setting.

For details on the preference settings, see the first post.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 09:03 AM   #92
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 0.3.8 released

I attached the latest version, 0.3.8, to the first post. This version adds cursor positioning support, which was introduced in Sigil 0.9.7.

I.e., if you click an error message with a column number, it'll move the cursor to the indicated column number.

Note that the column numbers that epubcheck reports often point to the closing tag of tags with invalid or missing attributes. I.e. they might not be that helpful in tracking down errors.
Advert
Old 11-02-2016, 02:26 AM   #93
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
I tried downloading the new EpubCheck 0.3.8 plugin to replace my older version(0.3.7) on Sigil today. Unfortunately the new version failed to install and gave me this error:

Plugin plugin.xml is invalid or not supported on your operating system.

I then tried to re-install the older Epubcheck 0.3.7 version and that also failed to install with the same error.

One reason that might have something to do with this problem is the new version of Sigil 0.9.7 which KevinH released a day or so ago that I downloaded yesterday. Has the plugin.xml spec or handling been changed?

I've been running the new Sigil 0.9.7 version on Windows 8 for the last day or so.

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 02:43 AM.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:15 AM   #94
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
I tried downloading the new EpubCheck 0.3.8 plugin to replace my older version(0.3.7) on Sigil today. Unfortunately the new version failed to install and gave me this error:

Plugin plugin.xml is invalid or not supported on your operating system.
Did you by any chance rename the plugin zip file or did you save it under a different name? If so, rename it to EpubCheck_v0.3.8.zip before you try to install it.

Last edited by Doitsu; 11-02-2016 at 03:19 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:31 AM   #95
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I didn't rename the new plugin file.

The odd thing is that when I installed Sigil 0.9.7 software yesterday it inherited my older Epubcheck 0.3.7 version which worked just fine(I use Epubcheck alot). But when I uninstalled it and then tried to installed it again later(after the failure of Epubcheck 0.3.8 to install) the older version also failed with exactly the same error.

I think that perhaps something's been changed in the new Sigil 0.9.7 version that has affected your plugin install. After all, why would my older plugin work perfectly after being inherited by Sigil 0.9.7 after install and then fail when I try to re-install it later?

The error said there was a problem with your plugin.xml -- either invalid or unsupported op system. So I had a look at the plugin.xml file for Epubcheck 0.3.8 and found nothing wrong with it.
Advert
Old 11-02-2016, 07:36 AM   #96
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
No, I didn't rename the new plugin file.
That's odd. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with Windows 10.

Try the following:

1. Locate the Sigil plugins folder (Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location) and close Sigil.

2. Delete the existing EpubCheck folder.

3. Move the EpubCheck folder from the plugin zip file to the Sigil plugins folder.

Also make sure that Use Bundled Python is selected.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:53 AM   #97
slowsmile
Witchman

That's a bit weird. I did as you asked and the Epubcheck plugin is not there in the plugin directory but in the plugins_prefs directory the json preferences file was still there. So I closed Sigil and I deleted it and tried another reinstall which still didn't work. The error remains the same -- Plugin not a valid plugin.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #98
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That's a bit weird. I did as you asked and the Epubcheck plugin is not there in the plugin directory but in the plugins_prefs directory the json preferences file was still there. So I closed Sigil and I deleted it and tried another reinstall which still didn't work. The error remains the same -- Plugin not a valid plugin.
Did you enable the Use Bundled Python option in the Manage Plugins dialog box?
Old 11-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #99
slowsmile
Witchman

I just tried copying the zip Epubcheck folder to the Sigil plugin directory as advised and that worked a treat. The new Epubcheck is working fine now.

Much thanks for your help Doitsu!!

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:58 AM   #100
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's not weird at all that the plugin's json preferences was still there. Removing a plugin does not remove its preferences. That's by design. Just like uninstalling Sigil does not remove its preferences.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:01 AM   #101
slowsmile
Witchman

That's fair enough said DiapDealer, but the fact remains that I had to manually install the plugin to get it too work because it wouldn't install in the normal way through the Sigil plugin I/F. I think that is still a problem.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:04 AM   #102
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That's odd. I wasn't able to reproduce this issue with Windows 10
Can't reproduce it on Windows 7 or Vista, either (or Linux). This (and all) plugin installs/runs as it should using Sigil 0.9.7.

Corrupt zip download?
Old 11-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #103
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

@DiapDealer: If libxml2 is used to parse plugin.xml, is there any chance that Windows 8 comes with a different version than Windows 10?

(I haven't been able to reproduce this issue with my 64bit Windows 10 version.)
Old 11-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #104
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@DiapDealer: If libxml2 is used to parse plugin.xml, is there any chance that Windows 8 comes with a different version than Windows 10?

(I haven't been able to reproduce this issue with my 64bit Windows 10 version.)
Libxml2 is not used by Sigil on Windows. Nor is it used by the version of Qt it comes with. The lxml Python module that is distributed with Sigil has libxml2 statically compiled into it, but that would only come into play when running a plugin (one that uses lxml).
Old 11-02-2016, 08:27 AM   #105
slowsmile
Witchman

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using a 64bit-AMD laptop with Windows 8.

Last edited by slowsmile; 11-02-2016 at 08:30 AM.