Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
Tulpana
Enthusiast
Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
"Grayed-Out" Book Cover Icons on Nook

Hello. I use Sigil and Calibre as an amateur, and have been away from both for a while, as I am working on a project that uses other software. I therefore am not sure if this is the proper forum to post this question in and would appreciate either a response or being directed to the right place to ask.

In the past, I had been able to transfer from my PC .epubs created with Calibre to my Nook and retain the book cover icon. I'm no longer able to do this and would simply like to know how I can get this capability back.

Thanks!
Tulpana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
I have not done this since the nook update, but the only way I could get the cover to show up is to convert my epubs to nook output on calibre, then the cover was visible. YOu do this by going to page setup under convert books and select the nook you use.

Last edited by peitsao; 04-23-2013 at 07:48 AM.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
Tulpana
Enthusiast
Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tulpana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you so much! I received a customer satisfaction survey from BN yesterday about the Nook (my satisfaction with the Tablet is very low). I couldn't ask anyone at BN about this.

Sincere thanks for this suggestion.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Tulpana
Enthusiast

Oh, dear. I spoke too soon. I searched the new version of Calibre for two hours last night and could find output specifically for Nook. If you could tell me where you found it, I'd appreciate hearing.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #5
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
The nook setting has been in Calibre for quite some time. You go to the icon "convert books" and open it up, then go to "page setup" and select it and then under "output profile" select the nook you have and then select "ok."
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #6
Tulpana
Enthusiast

Thank you again, peitsao. I can't believe I spent an entire evening searching through the various Calibre utilities and missed this. I do hope the book covers will generate, and I hope I can come back and ask again if they don't.