Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #46
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
When I go into Settings, Storage, I just have a list of what's available, space-wise, but nothing is clickable. There are no 3 dots in the upper right, just the wifi and battery symbols.

There is an option to unmount the SD card, but if I do that, won't that mess things up since it's running from the SD card?

edited - still haven't managed to change the storage settings but I loaded some files while in Nook mode and can access them now in android. However, now I'm having random reboots while using it, and the reboot of course sends me to stock Nook, but it never completes, only goes to 99%. I have to then remove the sd card to get it to finish loading so I can shut down, re-insert card, and then boot back to Android. Guess I'll have to watch for some updates!

Last edited by catsknit; 01-13-2013 at 09:52 AM.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #47
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Only with the latest update of CM10 did my HD+ start randomly rebooting. That's why I went back to stock B&N ROM. I rooted and installed Google Play. I'm still running the (relatively) error-free stock ROM and I can install almost any app that I want.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2013, 11:07 PM   #48
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
When I go into Settings, Storage, I just have a list of what's available, space-wise, but nothing is clickable. There are no 3 dots in the upper right, just the wifi and battery symbols.
The three dots should be just below the clock and battery symbols.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Yeah, there's nothing there. Just the clock and battery and wifi. Weird huh?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
What ROM is on your card? Look under About Device in Settings.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #51
catsknit
Addict

It says
Android version 4.2.1
kernel version 3.0.31
cyanogenmod version 10.1-20130104-unofficial-hummingbird

Is that enough?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #52
kevinp
Fanatic

Not that I don't believe you, but could you post a picture of your screen?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #53
catsknit
Addict

Haven't tried posting a photo in these forums before but here goes. My camera battery is dead, so this was taken with my laptop's webcam - too close and it's blurry, too far and it's unreadable, plus glare reflecting my desktop. I don't suppose there is a way to do a screen capture from the Nook itself is there?

Last edited by catsknit; 01-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #54
catsknit
Addict

OK, I can't figure out what I've done wrong, and don't see a help button for posting itself. I put the photos in my flickr album and used the url from there for the "insert image" and it shows up in my reply but not once i post it. Here are the links to the pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/catsknit/8381834387/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catsknit/8381851907/

sorry for all the trouble (now you see why some of us probably shouldn't mess around with all this, huh?)
Old 01-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #55
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I asked about what ROM you were running, because I too noticed that the 3 dots were missing when making a quick test run with CM10.1
I'll pop my 10.1 sd card in and see if I can find something!

Edit: OK, now running 10.1 from sd. In this particular ROM it seems like MTP is the default file transfer protocol. When I plug it into the the PC the Nook shows up as a portable device (looks like an MP3 player with headphones). Double click on that and "Internal" and "sd" storage shows up! Woohoo!! No enabling USB or anything needed! I will switch my CM10 to that setting as well now!!

Last edited by Asawi; 01-16-2013 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #56
catsknit
Addict

Thanks, I'll check that out. But, I left the tablet sleeping overnight, at about 80% charge with wifi off, and now it won't even wake up or reboot. I've had this happen once before, and read about it with others on the N2A forum - last time I left it plugged in for 20 min or so and then it rebooted on its own so I'm trying that now. Then I can see what my PC does with it (last time I was trying that I had nothing show up at all in My Computer but I'll look more specifically this time)
I know this software is a work in progress and I'm not complaining - I'm very grateful for the people who work on this stuff and then distribute it freely, and also thankful to those of you answering my endless questions!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #57
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

Catsknit, if I were you I would make a new card myself and put CM10 on it instead of CM10.1.
At this point there are more issues with 10.1. They will be ironed out in time, but the last versions of CM10 were very stable and had most of the issues fixed. It's far less experimental than 10.1!
Edit: Shoot! I forgot you have the HD, not the Tablet!! But you shoudl still be able to make a card even though what I wrote before doesn't apply!

Last edited by Asawi; 01-15-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #58
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The one I got for the hd+ seems to be working fine. I was primarily just trying to get to the andriod side and back to nook, no problem so far. I use the quick boot app in the gstore to get back and it has worked so far.

I don't plan on doing anything elaborate to tell the truth. The n2a card does not have lots of space so I am limited. A few apps here and there is fine.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #59
catsknit
Addict

Interestingly now that it's all charged back up and all, if it's booted into android, my PC doesn't even recognize that any hardware is plugged in at all (normally, it asks for a password permission any time anything is plugged into USB). But if I reboot into stock Nook, it shows up like you say, as a mini-mp3 player icon with headphones called BNTV 400.
Maybe I just need to wait a bit longer before using this on the HD since it seems to have more problems than the regular tablets or the HD+.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #60
kevinp
Fanatic

I have CM10.1 on my Nook Tablet and it looks just like yours--no dots. I was running CM10 on my HD+ and had the dots. I looked everywhere for the setting and didn't see it. I'm not sure what to tell you.

I agree with Asawi, you should try CM10 instead. Here's the link to XDA Developers. The bottom of the blue box has the latest CM10 for your HD. Just go through my steps again.