Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
"Back Page" tip works great

for those of us scratching our head wondering why there is no dedicated back button to go back to your previous screen quickly, well I saw this tip on BN community forum , I tested it and it works great.

on the bottom of the screen where you have your battery icon, settings arrow and the little book icon . If you swipe from right to left, left to right does nothing, but right to left it takes you to your previous screen.

Haven't tested it over the internet yet but wil this afternoon but I tested it in all other open window, from what book I was reading, to My shelves etc.

It works great and seamless.

Hope this helps.

Happy Thanksgiving
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
you can have the back and menu buttons semi persistent. open up a pdf as your last read document - i know it works off of an sd card, but i don't know if it work off the main storage.

if you leave it as you last read document in your read it now you can now tap the little "read it now" book icon in the menu and you'll have the menu and back buttons available. it works with every program i've tried except those that use up the full screen.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
on the bottom of the screen where you have your battery icon, settings arrow and the little book icon . If you swipe from right to left, left to right does nothing, but right to left it takes you to your previous screen.
That's like very cool
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
cwosigns
cwosigns began at the beginning.

Device: NookColor/Droid Incredible
This tip DOES work on the browser - yee haw!
cwosigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Great. Thanks!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #6
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Yup, it sure does, a single right to left swipe in the black area, either in portrait OR landscape mode works perfectly as a "back" command. Nice!
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwosigns View Post
This tip DOES work on the browser - yee haw!
very very cool,
Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
boswd
Banned

I wonder if the *Mods* could make this a sticky
Old 11-24-2010, 02:00 PM   #9
bilbothejust
Enthusiast
bilbothejust is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad -> Nook Color
Excellent tip @boswd...don't know how I missed that when reading the tips/tricks. Much thanks. I've been cursing the lack of a back button and it was there all the time. woohoo
bilbothejust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #10
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Yah. I tried the swipe and it works. I also tried the pdf file trick and it works too. Opening up the pdf file before surfing the web will have a reading button appeared on the nav bar. Tapping the reading button will open up the back and menu button. Under the menu, there is command for back, forward, refresh, bookmark, open up new window. Very helpful indeed for web browsing.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote