Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
Evil Overlord
Enthusiast
Evil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-booksEvil Overlord has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Question How to manage e-book updates

I generally buy e-books on Amazon*, then use Calibre to convert to EPUB and sideload to my Kobo reader.

That all works fine, but... I noted the other day that many of the Amazon books I bought have since been updated by the publisher.

What's your technique for handling updates? Or do you just ignore them?

*I buy from Amazon
  • from habit (have bought there for years),
  • convenience (I'm already on Amazon),
  • double-check (it tells me when I already bought a book, which backs up my check in Calibre),
  • price (I tend to assume more sales, better prices)
But I'd consider another source if there's a good argument.
Evil Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can download the update and use the Calibre Editor to compare the two to see what's new.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
amazon, epub, update