Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-20-2019, 05:35 PM   #376
jalarab
jalarab began at the beginning.

Device: android moon reader+
Thanks
It works perfect for some wikipedia awards.
I would like to do the same with Nobel liteature prize, but as the plugin needs author and title i can't
someone can give me any idea?
jalarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #377
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalarab View Post
Thanks
It works perfect for some wikipedia awards.
I would like to do the same with Nobel liteature prize, but as the plugin needs author and title i can't
someone can give me any idea?

2 different solutions:

Multicolumn Search plugin main thread OP: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=261712 has Book Awards attachments.

Job Spy plugin tool Import CSV to Update Metadata is extremely powerful. Search the JS thread for that name for documentation with examples.

Show TooltipShow TooltipShow TooltipShow Tooltip
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #378
jalarab

I tried with Job Spy that seems easy to me, but I can't do it.
I have the csv file with the names of the nobel prize winners, but when i tried to import it I can't select the authors field to match the books.
can you help me?
Old 10-20-2019, 10:34 PM   #379
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I have the csv file with the names of the nobel prize winners, but when i tried to import it I can't select the authors field to match the books.
can you help me?
I can't comment on Job Spy, but, overall what you are doing isn't a good match.

Calibre is a book management system. The author is really just an attribute of the books. The only author information store is the name, the sort name and a URL to link to author details. There is no way to store that the author has been awarded the Nobel except by recording this against a book by the author. Or all books by the author.

The Import List plugin supports updating books. In the list to be imported, either a CSV or a fetch from a website, each line is expected to be for an individual book. It should have the title and author so that the plugin can match the new details to an existing book, or is able to add a new book. Most awards will work for this as they are awards for a particular book. The Nobel prize for literature is not, it is a lifetime achievement, so it applies to the author instead. As stated, calibre doesn't really support this, and I have no interest in modifying this plugin to support making changes to all books for an author.

This type of topic (storing more author related details) has come up before. There are various solutions, but the main one I an think of is to use the author URL to link to a local file with the details. I'm sure a plugin has been suggested to do more, but, I don't remember if anyone has actually developed something.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:10 AM   #380
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Job Spy GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata"

Quote:
can you help me?
Create a temporary clone of Authors via a new custom column populated by S&R and match on that. Delete the clone afterwards.

FYI, . csv files can be created easily from Calibre Catalogs.

You might also find the Entities Manager plugin useful. See the images in its OP. Book-independent Entities.

See the attached image for the latest version of Job Spy GUI Tool "Import CSV to Update Metadata".

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_20191023.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	174478  

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-23-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added comment and image
Advert
Old 10-21-2019, 01:12 PM   #381
jalarab

thanks @davidfor
Old 10-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #382
jalarab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Create a temporary clone of Authors via a new custom column populated by S&R and match on that. Delete the clone afterwards.

FYI, . csv files can be created easily from Calibre Catalogs.

You might also find the Entities Manager plugin useful. See the images in its OP. Book-independent Entities.

Show TooltipShow Tooltip
I tried Exactly you said, but in the field Book Match #Column i can't select the cloned column. look
https://imgur.com/yPslXwN
what I'm doing wrong?
Old 10-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #383
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
I tried Exactly you said, but in the field Book Match #Column i can't select the cloned column. look
https://imgur.com/yPslXwN
what I'm doing wrong?

You only posted the tool's screen, and not what the CSV data is nor what the Calibre Custom Column is, so I cannot tell whether you did exactly what I said to do or not. However, I think you might be confused on the concept:

The CSV metadata in the specified CSV data column must match the Calibre metadata in the specified Calibre custom column.

So, for example, your personal CSV "authors" data column would be matched against your Calibre "#author_clone" custom column.

Obviously, the Calibre custom column must be "real" (not a virtual built-from-others/composite) since only "real" custom columns are physically stored in the Calibre metadata.db database.

I think you should re-read all of the ToolTips in the Tool's window by hovering your mouse over every area of the window.

n.b. I am working on the next version of this tool in JS such that you will be able to directly match against important original Calibre standard columns. Don't wait on it, however.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 10-21-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #384
jalarab

Quote:
You only posted the tool's screen, and not what the CSV data is nor what the Calibre Custom Column is, so I cannot tell whether you did exactly what I said to do or not. However, I think you might be confused on the concept:

The CSV metadata in the specified CSV data column must match the Calibre metadata in the specified Calibre custom column.

So, for example, your personal CSV "authors" data column would be matched against your Calibre "#author_clone" custom column.

Obviously, the Calibre custom column must be "real" (not a virtual built-from-others/composite) since only "real" custom columns are physically stored in the Calibre metadata.db database.

I think you should re-read all of the ToolTips in the Tool's window by hovering your mouse over every area of the window.

n.b. I am working on the next version of this tool in JS such that you will be able to directly match against important original Calibre standard columns. Don't wait on it, however.

DaltonST
I think this is the problem:
"Obviously, the Calibre custom column must be "real" (not a virtual built-from-others/composite) since only "real" custom columns are physically stored in the Calibre metadata.db database."
I don't know another way to copy columns, that is why it doen't appears in the tool
By the way, this are the first three files of the csv file:

Año,#premios,#clone,País,Idioma
1901,Nobel,Sully Prudhomme,Francia,Francés
1902,Nobel,Theodor Mommsen,Imperio alemán,Alemán
Old 10-21-2019, 04:27 PM   #385
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
"Obviously, the Calibre custom column must be "real" (not a virtual built-from-others/composite) since only "real" custom columns are physically stored in the Calibre metadata.db database."
I don't know another way to copy columns, that is why it doen't appears in the tool

Use Bulk mode of the MDE REGEX mode
select the source column
value (.+?)
Destination Select a standard type custom field (you can't use a calc field)
value \1
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #386
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:

You must first create a brand new custom column that is just like the standard authors column in that it is ampersand delimited. Preferences > Add Your Own Columns > Add > Column Type = Comma separated text, like Tags, shown in the Tag Browser LIKE NAMES.

Restart Calibre, then go to Bulk Metadata Edit > Search and Replace.

DaltonST
Old 10-21-2019, 09:50 PM   #387
jalarab

Quote:
You must first create a brand new custom column that is just like the standard authors column in that it is ampersand delimited. Preferences > Add Your Own Columns > Add > Column Type = Comma separated text, like Tags, shown in the Tag Browser LIKE NAMES.

Restart Calibre, then go to Bulk Metadata Edit > Search and Replace.

DaltonST
Now it works, thanks a lot.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:29 PM   #388
rapgkp
rapgkp began at the beginning.

Upload e-book detail through CSV in Hindi "Devnagari Script"

Hi

i am new to this forum and calibre
I tried to upload metadata through import list in CSV format with Hindi fonts "Devnagari Script" but all i get is ?????. ????
any help

Thanks
rapgkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:45 AM   #389
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapgkp View Post
Hi

i am new to this forum and calibre
I tried to upload metadata through import list in CSV format with Hindi fonts "Devnagari Script" but all i get is ?????. ????
Where are you seeing this? Inside the plugin, or after the import is finished? And can you post a sample CSV? I doubt I'll be able to do anything without a sample.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:35 PM   #390
rapgkp
rapgkp began at the beginning.

Problem resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Where are you seeing this? Inside the plugin, or after the import is finished? And can you post a sample CSV? I doubt I'll be able to do anything without a sample.
Thanks for respose
Actually the problem is with excel after converting to Csv it will not retain unicode iforn
problem is solved by converting csv form through Libre office calc which retain UTF-8 Code

Thanks ..
rapgkp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types