Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User

0 for 2 on the Entourage e-Book store

Ok, so I just bought another book..."JUNOS for Dummies".

I bought the book no problem. I can actually download this one to my PC. I copied the .acsm file to my USB stick and popped it into the eDGe. When I open the USB1 storage device, I see the file there. If I hold down and select "Add to Library" i get this error:
"Confirm"
"This is a protected file. Would you like to download and add it to your library?"

If I click YES, nothing happens. If I click NO, it drops back to the storage page.

What gives guys? Did ANYONE try buing books from the store after you opened it?

Not feelin' the love here on the ebook side.

So, I have 3 topics for support tomorrow morning.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:19 AM   #2
eberhardt333
Edge User

Yeah I have the same problem, although I did not download it to my computer. I bought a book on the edge and have the invoice but it will not let me download it to the edge. I will be contacting them tomorrow too.

Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
thefuture04
Edge User

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems, I just hope the can fix it fast so you can still have good faith in the company

Old 04-05-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
brauckmiller
Edge User

Boris, I tried the "Purchased" option from the library and it didn't show up. This is why I side loaded it.

I did figure the issue out. Turns out if you click the "YES" button, it queues up the download. You then have to click the NO button.

Once this is done, go up and pull down the NOTIFY bar and you will see a download request. For some weird reason, when I did this, it appeared to download the book from the ebook store again even though I had it on my USB drive. Weird. I think this glitch should be easy enough for them to fix.

Thanks

Craig

Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
brauckmiller
Edge User

Oh and one other thing, when I click on the "Purchased" option, I get "Error:Connection Failed" even though I have a wifi connection to the internet and can surf just fine.

Definitely weird.

Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 06:13 PM   #6
mikew
Edge User

I just got an error when trying to download as well. It was invoiced, paid, but when I try to download I get E_LIC_USER_UNKOWN then a URL to lightningsource.com/fulfillment/fulfill followed by urn and uuid #. I've downloaded a number of books since I got the edge and never had a problem. Anyway, I tried my library/purchased, the download errors (same as above). Went to my laptop and did the download to PC option trying to copy the .acms from USB just sits there (does nothing) I have a support request in. Bit of a bummer as I was ready to get reading. I only know of those 3 approaches to get my content (time of purchase, my library/purchased and USB transfer). Not having any luck. Has anyone else seen/experienced this and know how to resolve? My current guess is that the e-store passes along the order to someone else (lightingsource?) that does the actual fulfillment and there's issues there. Pure speculation based on the error.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
borisb
Edge User

Only Tech Support could give the exact details, but it could be the one system doesn't have the same data as another system because they got out of sync (apparently valid user license info). Or could be one system did an update recently that is causing problems when communicating with the other system. When it comes to computers messing up, the possibilities are endless, bizarre, or even stupidly simple

Bummer you can't read your book, but you should have an answer from enTourage tomorrow given it's not past close-of-business there.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
mikew
Edge User

Thanks Boris, you're probably right. I suppose tomorrow will have to do. I got a little spoiled with my kindle because Amazon is 24x7

Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

Well, let's try a couple of things if you have the time.
1. Try rebooting your eDGe, then try downloading the book directly from the website.
2. If you don't have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your PC, install it (http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/). I can't remember if it asks for your email address and password, but if it does make sure you enter the same one you used with enTourage. Then double-click the ACMS file on your PC. Digital Editions will launch and download it. You can then copy the downloaded EPUB/PDF from "My Digital Editions" under "My Documents" to your eDGe via the means of your choice (email, SD card, USB memory stick, etc.). Most books allow you to open the same book on a set number of computers (e.g. six computers), so this would work fine.

Old 08-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
mikew
Edge User

Thank you Boris - This was really pretty painless. I followed the instructions you gave above and it executed perfectly. There's even more good news. Technical Support DID follow up with me already and said they fixed the problem. However, the download still didn't work properly, but it didn't matter. After getting it loaded into digital editions, accessing the epub and transferring that was a piece of cake.

This is great! I wasn't expected Technical Support to be around and they were and I wasn't expecting to get a resolution tonight and I did. Kudo's to both you and Technical Support. Amazon, watch out

Old 08-30-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
borisb
Edge User

Excellent! Thanks for posting what worked - it will help the next person with a similar problem