Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Changing the order of dictionaries? (Boox Note family)

Howdy Note experts,

Today I'm going to post a series of short questions about the Boox Note (running the latest firmware from June 2019).

I've installed 3 dictionaries. When I long press a word in an Epub, the dictionaries appear in the reverse order from the one I want. I can't figure out how to change that.

What I've tried:
- Edit the dictionary name in the ifo file (nice!) and give some sort of alphabetical order
- Edit the 'modified date' of the directories and files. Works in the Dict App, but not within NEO reader.

Thanks in advance.

Wishing y'all a fun weekend!
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:00 AM   #2
mrmovies
mrmovies began at the beginning.

Device: nova pro
exactly

I've just got the same problem as well with my nova pro and can't figure out how to change the order of dictionaries on neo reader word look-up
Can anyone help , please ?
mrmovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2019, 03:25 AM   #3
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
I use moon reader + fora (goldendict also works fine) and you can order the dictionary results inside the dictionary app (both fora or goldendict). Other advantage is main dictionary app doesn't use inflected forms file (.syn) so if you have a dictionary with inflections they're not used and you'll miss a lot of words from results.

Main dictionary app has a lot of shortcomings.

Koreader it's another option (reader + dictionary in one), i tested some time ago and i think it allows to orther the dictionaries.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote