Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-01-2017, 01:25 PM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's excellent news
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #32
Dracula6662010
Dracula6662010 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad mini4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu109 View Post
The new version of iTunes 12.7.0.166 released 13th September 2017 no longer includes i Books. As a result my preferred method of connecting from Windows 10 to my iPad in order to sync eBooks between Calibre and i Books on my iPad no longer exists.

My iPad is running IOS 11.0 (gold beta) and I have tried Calibre Companion which does create a connection and appears to transfer books into CC on the iPad those books do not appear in the i Books app.

The option of selecting and setting the default reading application detailed in the help does not seem to exist in my installation

I have tried the "copied to i Books" option and again books are not actually copied over into i Books itself.

Any ideas ??
Hi!! I have the same trouble using Calibre 3.8 over Windows 10
Dracula6662010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
Thanks for the patience everyone. I've found the bug in CC that caused trouble with iOS 11, and I'm in the middle of submitting the new version to Apple. Hopefully they'll approve it and put it on the appstore within a few days.
Outstanding news, thank you.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:57 PM   #34
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Great news.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:55 AM   #35
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Wonderful! Thanks!
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2017, 03:18 AM   #36
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
The update is now live!
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #37
Stu109
Enthusiast
Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.

Device: Apple
Good to hear that there is now a fix. Just tried to download the updated version but it does not appear to be available yet. Is there some time difference between Apple "accepting" the new version and it being available to download. Looking a the UK webstore
Stu109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:31 AM   #38
jakubsafar
Leaf in the wind
jakubsafar began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 622
Not yet in the Czech store either

Quote:
Good to hear that there is now a fix. Just tried to download the updated version but it does not appear to be available yet. Is there some time difference between Apple "accepting" the new version and it being available to download. Looking a the UK webstore
Thank you for the fix!
jakubsafar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #39
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Quote:
Oops. The version was accepted, but my previous setting of "Temporarily remove this app from sale" was still in place. Should be live again within the next 12 hours as Apple rolls it out to the various appstores.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:22 AM   #40
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
Oops. The version was accepted, but my previous setting of "Temporarily remove this app from sale" was still in place. Should be live again within the next 12 hours as Apple rolls it out to the various appstores.
Downloaded the update last night. Works like a charm.
thanks
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #41
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
Works great on the iPad Pro with the latest 11.0.2 Update. Thanks.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 10:24 AM   #42
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
When long pressing a book in list view the menu to select a reading app appears but books will not copy. Works when book is selected and read is then used to bring up list of readers.
Is long press in list view working for anyone?

Not a big deal, very glad to have cc back and not have to deal with files.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #43
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Finally able to connect my iphone 7+ via connect as wireless device after months of inability despite all attempts to remedy. Still can't connect to "content server" but better than nothing.

Sigh, tried to connect using both modes and no joy...tried using ip's, etc...no luck either. Shut off both computer and phone...reconnect...no luck again.
Don't know if it is Windows 10, latest version of ios, device, etc...giving up and using copy paste method via itunes which has never failed or direct via Amazon...oh well.

Last edited by Kai Winters; 10-08-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 07:06 AM   #44
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
When long pressing a book in list view the menu to select a reading app appears but books will not copy. Works when book is selected and read is then used to bring up list of readers.
Is long press in list view working for anyone?
I have the same problem. But as said certainly no big issue.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #45
Stu109
Enthusiast
Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.Stu109 knows what's going on.

Device: Apple
For those who wish to continue using iTunes Apple have now released 12.6.3 which will continue to offer app store functionality and it includes iBooks

Users who have upgraded to 12.7 can apply this "retro" version

Apparently there will be no auto upgrades to this version so will suit many of us just fine

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

I will now go back to my Calibre/iTunes sync combination to manage my book collection
Stu109 is offline   Reply With Quote