Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Variety phones/tablets
Calibre Companion iOS v1.0.3

I've just submitted v1.0.3 to Apple. This fixes the bug introduced in v1.0.2 where book covers were not downloaded from the content server.

For people who haven't yet updated to 1.0.2 but have a lot of books downloaded from the content server: it's better if you skip version 1.0.2 since that one would lose your covers. 1.0.3 correctly updates all downloaded books to the new way of storing covers. (For those who've already downloaded 1.0.2, unfortunately you have to just redownload the books in 1.0.3 to get your covers back. Sorry!)

Also, if you're happy with CC iOS, could you leave a review on the Apple Appstore? We've picked up a few bad star ratings, maybe because of the bug in 1.0.2, and it'd be nice to counter-balance those.
Steve_Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-17-2016 at 05:00 AM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-17-2016 at 04:59 AM.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
You must be talking about the UK store. I see only one review in the US store. I just posted my review.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:05 AM   #5
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer
Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.Steve_Haley is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You must be talking about the UK store. I see only one review in the US store. I just posted my review.
Thanks for the review. The bad one is in France; Apple doesn't display the text from reviews in other regions, but I think they still use the 1-star rating when calculating the average.
Advert
Old 11-17-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Problems wit dwonload using content server.

Covers are now downloaded correctly. But I have a strange problem using the content server.

I download one book. Book A
I download another book.Book B.

After download of book B then Book A has disappeared. If I redownload Book A then B disappears. The books are not in the same series.

I discovered that after several downloads that only the last downloaded book was present.

Using wireless device connection is ok.

I am using Calibre 64 bit V2.71, the latest.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #7
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BenG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ditto
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 06:17 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Calibre companion doesn't stay connected to my Mac anymore. The only version that did was the first one. I've left my error log on the comments 1.00 thread. Something has gone wrong with versions 2 and 3. I can't add any more books.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:53 PM   #10
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
But it seems to work ok when connected as a Wireless Device.
BenG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:02 AM   #11
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
Covers are now downloaded correctly. But I have a strange problem using the content server. [..details about the bug..]
OK, evidently we're still going through the 2 steps forward and 1 step back process here. Thanks to the three of you who reported this bug; that confirms it's definitely something in the app and not a strange setup or usage issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Calibre companion doesn't stay connected to my Mac anymore.
Wow, you've reported this bug in 3 different threads - I understand it's important to you, don't worry! However, two other people here say that wireless device (WD) connection is still working for them. That tells us at least that the WD isn't broken as well, and that instead there's something unusual happening with your setup. Could you send me a debug log? It's in the settings menu, at the end.

Regarding your other request about making the app remember your previous sort order, I don't think I'm going to be able to do that for a little while. At the moment I'm only able to work on CC in the evenings and weekends, around my full-time job. I'm doing what I can for bug fixes but I have to put new features on hold until things calm down a bit here. Sorry...
Old 11-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Haley View Post
OK, evidently we're still going through the 2 steps forward and 1 step back process here. Thanks to the three of you who reported this bug; that confirms it's definitely something in the app and not a strange setup or usage issue.

Wow, you've reported this bug in 3 different threads - I understand it's important to you, don't worry! However, two other people here say that wireless device (WD) connection is still working for them. That tells us at least that the WD isn't broken as well, and that instead there's something unusual happening with your setup. Could you send me a debug log? It's in the settings menu, at the end.

Regarding your other request about making the app remember your previous sort order, I don't think I'm going to be able to do that for a little while. At the moment I'm only able to work on CC in the evenings and weekends, around my full-time job. I'm doing what I can for bug fixes but I have to put new features on hold until things calm down a bit here. Sorry...
Hi Steve_Haley, my apologies for raising the MAC bug everywhere, I wasn't sure where the best place was. I only have the CC app on my iPad, let me load it on my iPhone first and see if the same thing happens. Also let me test my iPad with hubbys windows PC as well. I used to be a software tester so let me cover as many other options before I start involving you. Do you have a preference how you want it raised if I need to?
Old 11-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #13
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
In the 90's I was programming on a freelance basis. It was statistical software of some complexity. I have certainly also experienced the two steps forward and 1 step back

I also want to mention that the device connection functions very well. That is the one I use the most. But one day I decided to move from the computer to a convenient armchair with my iPad and use the content server connection.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 02:37 AM   #14
Fergus44
Fergus44 began at the beginning.

Device: IPad Air
Problems downloading in ver. 1.0.3

Purchased CC for IOS 11/15/16 and installed on IPad Air, able to download about 15 ePub books and open them in Marvin reader via content server. After updating to 1.0.3 I appear to have a similar problem as Svenlind, with books disappearing and a change in the readers available. Is it possible to download and reinstall ver. 1.0.1 again until you find a fix for 1.0.3. Where and how?
My initial impression was positive as it operated very similar to the android version which I've owned for a couple years on a Nexus.
Thank you for efforts.
Doug
Fergus44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #15
Steve_Haley
CC iOS Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus44 View Post
Is it possible to download and reinstall ver. 1.0.1 again until you find a fix for 1.0.3.
Unfortunately there's no way to get the old version without a lot of hassle; Apple fairly tightly controls how one can distribute an app. Luckily, I'm reasonably sure I've fixed the bug now. I'll submit the new version to Apple tomorrow after I've checked it some more, and the app should be available 1-2 days later.