Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-22-2024, 06:10 PM   #1
nixR3ad
Enthusiast
nixR3ad began at the beginning.

Device: Sage / rm2
Feature request - save bookmarks on demand

I love the ability to adjust the frequency at which Koreader writes the metadata to the sidecars or hashes to an on-demand.

For instance, I don't care if most tiles don't get bookmarks written more often than once per hour, but if I make a lot of detailed annotations, I'd like to atomically save that. Tuning the frequency to a very short time for the one title is less than Ideal as my Sage already has terrible battery life, and I tend to forget to reset the timing.

If this feature already exists and I'm missing it, I apologize. Thanks
nixR3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 07:57 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Sending a SaveSettings event should do it. Ought to be trivial to add to Dispatcher for testing.

Feel free to PR that, it does sound like a mildly sensible thing to have .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2024, 08:45 PM   #3
nixR3ad
Enthusiast

I will do that.

The sage crashed the same as it did before. It might not be koreader at all, but I pulled the crash log. When I put it on a charger, once again, it did not respond. I figured dead battery. After a few minutes of no signs or response, I held one page-turn button and then the power, guessing to send a hard-reset signal. It flashed, I released, and it came up with a nearly full charge (not factory reset).

I'm only a level 1 linux tech in my day job. I've been looking at the logs for 20 min. I don't know what went wrong. I'll post them on GitHub later unless you want me to grep any particular lines and post them here.

I was going to install the latest nightly, but I get a CF 522, RayID 849c51736c200b7a
Old 01-22-2024, 08:52 PM   #4
nixR3ad
Enthusiast

update, it just happened again. By the time I was done posting, it had crashed. The sleep screen was showing. I took the same steps to recover (without plugging into power), but this time it went through with the full factory reset. Going to backups.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:07 PM   #5
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Yes, we have an action "Save book metadata" under the Reader section.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2024, 01:52 AM   #6
nixR3ad
Enthusiast

Thank you. I'm a bit dyslexic and the koreader menus get me turned around.

Also, not having access to the nightlies was a good thing. I took it as a sign to go slow and install the stable release. I get myself into trouble. Believe it or not, it is entertaining for me. But Cloud Flare is kind.

Last edited by nixR3ad; 01-23-2024 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:33 AM   #7
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Save book metadata" is an old feature, it definitely exists in the release.

You cannot save bookmarks (and other book settings) from the menu, a gesture must be assigned to trigger it.
You will go to the upper menu Settings - Taps and gestures - Gestures manager, select your desired gesture and find the "Save book metadata" action in the page 5 of the Reader section.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:38 AM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Yes, we have an action "Save book metadata" under the Reader section.
Oh, right, and that's FlushSettings, which will call saveSettings first, great .

Seemed weird that this would be missing, thanks .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:56 AM   #9
nixR3ad
Enthusiast

Related question? I'm using the hash based metadata successfully. Is there a way to export and then re-associate it with a title again? For instance, if I make edits to the epub file?
Old 01-26-2024, 03:34 AM   #10
hius07
Wizard

Not so easy.
1) Change sdr location to "Book folder"
2) Open and close the non-edited book
3) Go to the book sdr folder, there remove the line with "partial_md5_checksum" in metadata.epub.lua file.
4) Replace the book file with the new (edited) one
5) Change sdr location to "hashdocsettings"
6) Open the book

Tags
bookmarks, feature request, metadata