Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Good way to download pages as epubs from Waterfox and Firefox?

I used to use GrabMyBooks.

It worked tolerably well in Firefox Classic, and works in Waterfox, but does not work in Firefox Quantum. Main bug was that, unless I selected everything in the page, it would only pick one part-- e.g. one chapter. It would also have malformed tables.

I have also tried EpubPress.

It works in all versions. Main bug is that no matter what I do, without any workaround, it will often only pick one part. It mat also omitg tables.

I have also tried Save as Ebook.

It theoretically works in all versions. Main problem is grossly malformed epubs. Some will not open on Stody Hd, but converting to Mobi and back can make them open on Story Hd or Kindle. Some will open on Story Hd, but even converting to Mobi and back only lets my visit the 1st and last pages.

Pocket is supposed to be the big solution, but I can't get it to work on my Mac, and I can't install it on my Kindle or Story Hd.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Firefox's extension Push to Kindle can send email of a web page to Your Amazon cloud (you have to set the address from which You send) as personal document, or create a mobi, pdf or epub and then side load to Your reader.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #3
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
try to WebToEpub Chrome Extension, for Firefox i dont know its the same
if the site not supported then use manual edit chapters url.

grabmybooks great when u only occasionally get little pages. for bulk. i dont think so.
Print Friendly and PDF,
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:53 PM   #4
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
What is baka-tsuki? The Firefox version of webtoepub is specific to "baka-tsuki" and doesn't have an English-language description. The Chrome version seems to be specific to Archive of our Own:

https://github.com/dteviot/WebToEpub
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 08:08 PM   #5
dteviot
dteviot began at the beginning.

Device: homebrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
What is baka-tsuki? The Firefox version of webtoepub is specific to "baka-tsuki" and doesn't have an English-language description. The Chrome version seems to be specific to Archive of our Own:

https://github.com/dteviot/WebToEpub
Hi, I'm the author of WebToEpub, so I'd like to clarify a few things.
1. The Chrome and Firefox versions are functionally identical. (Internally there's a few differences to allow for differences between Chrome and Firefox.)
2. The Firefox version had "for Baka-Tsuki" added to the end of the name because Mozilla would not allow me to use WebToEpub. (Someone had already claimed it.)
3. WebToEpub works on a LOT more sites than just Baka-Tsuki and Archive or our Own.
4. Baka-Tsuki is this site. https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/?title=Main_Page
dteviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2019, 07:15 PM   #6
mva1985
Enthusiast
mva1985 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, Nook HD
I consider these as some of the best, but I will be trying some of those mentioned

https://fivefilters.org/kindle-it/

http://dotepub.com/converter/
mva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firefox, offline reading, waterfox