Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 02:27 AM   #1
Dan__
Connoisseur
Dan__ began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Simple Touch
When does calibre-server refresh catalog

I have calibre-server running on wondows servwr using alwaysup. Dropbox is running the same way. Library is stored in dropbox. Library is updated on another machine and the changes are synced to th win server through dropbox. This works. I retrieve books to read on an iPad from the web interface.

The calibre-server never displays changes to the library unless I stop everything or reboot. This obviously reduced the value the value of keeping the calibre-server up necause it never displays the latest additions to the library.

I would like to understand why this is happening and how to fix it. I probably have something configured incorrectly but I can't imagine what.

Thank you
Dan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:52 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It does not refresh itself (well technically it does if it detects the timestamp on metadata.db has changed, but that functionality is going away in calibre 3.0)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2017, 12:18 PM   #3
Dan__
Connoisseur

Any suggestions for how to force a refresh?
Old 06-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Restart it. Have whatever script you are using to sync also shutdown and start the server. In fact, given that the server from 3.0 can actaully make changes to the library, running a sync at the same time as the server is positively dangerous.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #5
Dan__
Connoisseur

Thank you
Advert

Tags
calibre-server, library