Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #976
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Koreader format possibilities

I did a jailbreak on my Kindle Paperwhite4 and would like to use the Koreader for epub.
But I just do not like the available format options.
I would like left justified, no indent at the first line of a paragraph, but 50-70% of the line height distance to the previous
I have no idea how I could do that.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 03:48 AM   #977
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Left justified is a contradictio in terminis. It can be left aligned or it can be justified. You can override publisher styles to this effect in the top menu, document, style tweaks, text.

No indent on the first line of a paragraph isn't part of the default style tweaks right now. Something like this would do the trick:

Code:
p + p {
 text-indent: 0;
 margin-top: .5em; /* adjust to your liking */
}
Edit: I'll submit a PR to add these to the built-in style tweaks.

Last edited by Frenzie; 11-24-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2018, 04:49 AM   #978
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Left justified is a contradictio in terminis. It can be left aligned or it can be justified. You can override publisher styles to this effect in the top menu, document, style tweaks, text.

No indent on the first line of a paragraph isn't part of the default style tweaks right now. Something like this would do the trick:

Code:
p + p {
}
Edit: I'll submit a PR to add these to the built-in style tweaks.
OK, I want left aligned - sorry, but my language is German
Old 11-24-2018, 05:12 AM   #979
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The PR is here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/4358

Please let me know if there's anything related that might make sense while I'm on it.
Old 11-24-2018, 09:40 AM   #980
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Code:
p + p {
}
What name/extension must have this file?
Advert
Old 11-24-2018, 10:53 AM   #981
Frenzie
Wizard

It would go in koreader/styletweaks/choose-your-filename.css

Then it will become accessible through Document → Style tweaks → User style tweaks.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #982
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
It would go in koreader/styletweaks/choose-your-filename.css

Then it will become accessible through Document → Style tweaks → User style tweaks.
Quote:
I'll submit a PR to add these to the built-in style tweaks.
When using this code the first line of a chapter has indent.
the following paragraphs are OK
Old 11-25-2018, 03:23 AM   #983
Frenzie
Wizard

Indeed, that seems to be part of the default styles.

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...lib/cr3.css#L2

You would overwrite that by also adding:
Code:
p {text-indent:0 !important;}
Indenting the first paragraph strikes me as somewhat questionable typographically because it's superfluous. The purpose of the indent is to set it apart from what precedes.

Some people prefer consistency and to indent everything, but I'd wager 90% of my books don't.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:06 AM   #984
ktos35l
ktos35l began at the beginning.

Device: PW4
I wonder if there is a solution to one problem I have with pdf books. Sometimes parts of pdf books are displayed with use of a very small font (impossible to read) in Koreader - so that eg. 20% of the page is unreadable and the rest of the page looks OK. Is there any cure for it?
ktos35l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:24 PM   #985
ottischwenk
Wizard

Search in file-manager

My library has app 1.500 author-folders - 140 pages.
A search possibility would be nice, to find the page with the desired author-folder.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #986
Frenzie
Wizard

Is there something missing from the existing search?

Edit: I should probably specify, that's in the file browser → magnifying glass → find a file
Old 11-26-2018, 04:57 AM   #987
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Is there something missing from the existing search?

Edit: I should probably specify, that's in the file browser → magnifying glass → find a file
When i leave a book with File-manager (Top line), i can see left a house, middle KOReader Dateimanager (below /mnt/us/...../.....) and right a big "+".
When going up, i am on a certain page among the 140 - no search
Old 11-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #988
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
When i leave a book with File-manager (Top line), i can see left a house, middle KOReader Dateimanager (below /mnt/us/...../.....) and right a big "+".
When going up, i am on a certain page among the 140 - no search
You need to tap on the top of the screen again. Then you should see the "File browser Menu" with the icon mentioned.

You can also check what you have the Sort By: option set to.

You can also try tapping on the bottom center of the screen to bring up the "Goto" dialog box and use a letter to get to the authors that start with that letter (given your description of your file structure). Correction: You need to hold or long press on the page numbering.

Luck;
Ken

P.S. I am not a Kindle guy, so I can't be sure that the file handling in KOReader is the same for the Kindle version as it is for the Kobo version.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 11-26-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:39 PM   #989
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
It is .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #990
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

For me, the quality of the reading experience is the paramount quality of any engine to the point that I sometimes convert to custom PDF my -custom- ePubs to be sure to avoid all glitches.

This explains why I was so thrilled when the muPDF engine was made available in February 2018 as an alternative engine for Koreader users to read ePub I tested it at once, it looked very precise and promising but one key feature was missing: the user could not change the font size.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=feature+muPDF

At first I thought that it was a small tune up which would be implemented quickly. For some reason, it did not happen, and we are about to celebrate the first anniversary of this new feature without having been given a chance to even read a single book with it.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch