Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-14-2017, 09:52 PM   #871
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Is it possible to flash the ROM of a Lynx/Aratech T68 to the ereader-store.de ROM? I want to do this so I can upgrade to Android 4.4 which is available on their web page.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:27 AM   #872
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Is it possible to flash the ROM of a Lynx/Aratech T68 to the ereader-store.de ROM? I want to do this so I can upgrade to Android 4.4 which is available on their web page.
I guess it would work, but the 4.4 ROM on their website is very old and lots of things in it was not working when I tested it a while ago. They said there is a newer one available and you can request it (though, I never got any reply when I requested it). Hopefully they will release a proper version soon.
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 09:17 AM   #873
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNT View Post
I guess it would work, but the 4.4 ROM on their website is very old and lots of things in it was not working when I tested it a while ago. They said there is a newer one available and you can request it (though, I never got any reply when I requested it). Hopefully they will release a proper version soon.
Can you give me some idea what parts of it didn't work?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #874
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
For some people bluetooth doesn't work (though it did for me).

Onyx apps are not updated on 4.4 since they are only ever updated via new firmwares.

4.4 lacks the button to quick-switch the page-turn buttons between page-turn (page-up and page-down) and volume. Some readers use page-up/down to change pages, others use volume up/down.

The old firmware has (had?) a contrast control button at the upper-right corner; the new firmware does not. I am not referring to the A2 icon, btw.

There might be others, but those are the ones I can think of.

Last edited by bsnick; 03-19-2017 at 09:21 PM.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #875
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
Quote:
Can you give me some idea what parts of it didn't work?
Sorry, I'm not here often enough...

I only tested 4.4 for a couple of days, and it gave the impression that this relatively old version of 4.4 was closer to an early beta than a real release candidate.
I had issues with bluetooth (wanted to test bluetooth low energy devices, but could not even get my traditional bluetooth GPS to connect), and wifi (though the wifi could have been due to my home set-up).
I could not root it as 4.0 (need it for some of my apps)
The front light controls were inverted (for some reason) and too bright on the lowest setting
The screen contrast and refreshing seemed to be worse
I experienced 2 crashes without any apparent reason.

I am sure that if you can get hold of their latest 4.4 version, it would be much better. I requested it on their website (as suggested here somewhere), but never received any reply. So I'm waiting for an official 4.4 release.
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #876
Pajamaman
Wizard

Thanks for your responses. Yep. The 4.4 release sounds unstable. I will convert my T68 to the Booxter software and update it, then I think eventually I will try 4.4. I can always downgrade back to 4.0. My main concern is Bluetooth and stability, but there are mixed comments re: Bluetooth. I guess I will just have to try. My main concern is using the T68 with a BT keyboard. There are some apps I want to try to do that that need 4.4. I wonder if the new Max will have 4.4? I think the current newest devices are still on 4.2. 4.4 is important as a lot of new apps depend on it. I got the T68 as a toy to test with so I will be careful and play with it

Edit: Booxter has said that a full update to 4.4 may be coming soon. I think I will hold off from installing the beta 4.4. for now.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=15

Quote:
Anyway, as I already mentioned in other posts, according to some leading developers of Onyx they are going finally to migrate to 4.4 within of the next 6-8 weeks.
This would make sense with the release of the Max 2.

Last edited by Pajamaman; 03-28-2017 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 04:27 AM   #877
kra28
kra28 began at the beginning.

Device: M96

Hello, a new update is accessible here: http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...fid=107&page=1

Michal
kra28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #878
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Testing... I do not understand how to have multiple ebooks opened at the same time.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:48 PM   #879
Pajamaman
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kra28 View Post
Hello, a new update is accessible here: http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...fid=107&page=1

Michal
How do you d/l from that site? It's in Chinese and it requires a field to be filled with something.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #880
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Quote:
How do you d/l from that site? It's in Chinese and it requires a field to be filled with something.
If you let the page be translated (via Google, for example) it becomes pretty obvious what to do. Download is very slow, though.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #881
Pajamaman
Wizard

An update on installing the old Booxtor version of Kitkat 4.4.

So far, it seems to works okay on a T68. I installed it over the latest Booxtor update. That was fine. Based on others' comments, I then rooted the T68 using Kingoroot (the PC version) and Kingo superuser (the apk). I had to to run the root several times and reboot the T68 several times for the root to work, but it did.

Bluetooth works okay. The connection to a Bluetooth keyboard seems stable and about the same speed as it was under 4.0.

The Kitkat Beta is a bit flaky, but it gives 2 gig of space for apps and is stable for the most part. Things like sleep-mode are more sketchy, and for many users, the Beta will be too unpolished. But for my uses, it appears to be okay. It worked better than I expected.

Of course, this is not particularly relevant with the new version of 4.4 coming from Onyx, but the info is here in case it benefits anyone. You might need Kingoroot with 4.4.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #882
kra28
kra28 began at the beginning.

Device: M96
Quote:
You can use JDownloader with the url and password. Chrome translation is adequate for me.

m

Last edited by kra28; 04-08-2017 at 03:57 PM.
kra28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #883
Hatorex
Hatorex began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68 Lynx
Hello, i have a problem with installing an 1.8.1 udpate for T68 with mfgtool. I'm trying to install Booxtor version, but when I turn T68 in Download mode nothing happens, mfg says that no device is connected. I've tried this method on 3 diffrent computers, on windows 7,8 and 10. I have no idea what to do right now, maybe someone knows how to help me, thanks

Edit

Ofc when i posted a question for help, then I tried again and it worked. *MAGIC*

Last edited by Hatorex; 04-15-2017 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Solved
Hatorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #884
Pajamaman
Wizard

Thanks@orebmur & Kra28
Old 04-15-2017, 04:09 PM   #885
Hatorex
Hatorex began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx T68 Lynx
Hey, i was wondering about changing the boot screen, can this be done? Before the update i had the Lynx version and there the boot screen was with lynx, for me it was kinda cool, so is there a way to bring it back? Or change the boot screen for anything else could be cool I guess. If someone knows about how it works and maybe how to do it i would be pleased
Hatorex is offline   Reply With Quote