Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Arrow M96 + T68. Updates and more ...

Hi guys,

How to install:

Copy update.zip to your root folder in M96 or T68.
Afterwards go to Settings -> About ->System Update -> Check Update from local Storage

M96
Update date 2015-01-20
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/M96/update.zip

Most important new features in this update are:
  • support of big pen eraser in Neo Reader (please activate it in settings (pen settings).
  • contrast tool in main menu to improve contrast in general view A2 menu, it is not final release of this feature yet, though) .
  • Improved and accelerated graphic. It has much cleaner zoom and pan animation (especially in Neo Reader)

T68

Update date 2015-01-19
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/T68/update.zip

Best Regards,
Waldemar
Customer service

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-21-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Great news!!!

Updating my M96...

Thanks!
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Hi Booxtor,

Great that you're still working on the scribbling!

Here is a strange bug I found. Sometimes the screen won't display a stroke you've made with the pen, but then if you go to "erase" and click anywhere on the screen the stroke appears!

Here is a video of the bug:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tusasi9jp...1wnEUuVQPMzNTa

Last edited by por; 07-01-2014 at 11:30 AM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
So there are TWO versions of the T68, for different parts of the world or something?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Just-read
Just-read began at the beginning.

Device: None
@booxtor

I bought my M96 from your store. after I updated my m96 with your update package and calibrated the stylus with Settings -> Extension ->Calibration. my stylus now does not work at all. i do not know where is the problem. please advise

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi guys,

for those of you, who likes our updates I am going to upload new updates like every 2-3 weeks

M96
Update date 2014-07-01
http://ereader-store.de/DATA/update.zip

Copy it to your root folder in M96.
Afterwards go to Settings -> About ->System Update -> Check Update from local Storage

Later you will additionally be able to download updates to you devices from our cloud directly using OTA function.

what is new:

General features
- Stylus calibration function has been added.
You can find it in Settings -> Extension ->Calibration.

Neo PDF Reader
- Improved scribbling (it is more smooth now )
- Added contrast adjustment tool. Please try it on your pale documents. It is different method to improve contrast (gamma correction) as Bold function
- some other bug fixes and

Currently in work:

General
- allow contrast adjustment in every app

Neo
- improvement of annotation features
- improvement of text selection

T68
Update will be available within of this week, but I am afraid our Updates will not be compatible with Artatech (Lynx) version of T68.

I also very appreciate your suggestions, comments and problem reports.

Best regards!
Just-read is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
Kazuma
Kazuma began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle touch, Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard
Thank you for updating Neo, Booxtor!

Now, long press to show definitions works well. And I find contrast adjustment very useful when reading Chinese characters in scanned PDFs. It makes letters more crisp and easier to read.

Here are some minor bugs I've discovered.
-Crop to width in landscape doesn't work.
-In some PDFs, embolden font gets back to Level 0 when you rotate or reopen the PDF.
-In landscape mode, the lower half of copy, highlight, annotation dictionary tabs are not shown (you can still press the upper half, though).

I'm looking forward to the next update. Contrast adjustment in other apps is pretty much needed when using web browser, comic reader, and other apps available in Play store.

Best regards.
Kazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:33 AM   #7
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Also, does the export button (next to the "scribble" button) do something or is it still work in progress?
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
So there are TWO versions of the T68, for different parts of the world or something?
AFAIK In the Artatech version they have some additional pre-installed apps like bookshop (for Polish ebooks) and English + Polish Ivona TTS. After update with our software those apps could be gone, so I guess the could have not permited installation of our updates in their versions (like it has been done in Russian versions of T68 and M96). You can try it though.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-read View Post
@booxtor

I bought my M96 from your store. after I updated my m96 with your update package and calibrated the stylus with Settings -> Extension ->Calibration. my stylus now does not work at all. i do not know where is the problem. please advise

thanks
Could you please retry the calibration ? Try to not to do double click at the same calibration point. You can try instead of short click to do like draw small circle.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #10
Just-read
Just-read began at the beginning.

Device: None
unfortunately, now when i update my M96 with your last update package . the stylus does not work at all (no response from the screen). when I use the old update (the one that you introduced NEO reader) the stylus works fine.

thanks in advance

Quote:
Could you please retry the calibration ? Try to not to do double click at the same calibration point. You can try instead of short click to do like draw small circle.
Just-read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #11
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Safari to Go (Android App for Safari Books)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ksonline&hl=en

cannot be installed. It works even on the cheapest Android Phone/Tablet so I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the M96 to be able to install it?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #12
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Safari to Go (Android App for Safari Books)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ksonline&hl=en

cannot be installed. It works even on the cheapest Android Phone/Tablet so I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the M96 to be able to install it?
You could try my solution from this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=89
I just tried it an it worked for me.

If you need detailed description just let me know
Old 07-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
perfilad0
perfilad0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onix Boox M96
Hello, I installed the update successfully but Cool Reader has disappeared. Know how to solve?

Thank you.
perfilad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfilad0 View Post
Hello, I installed the update successfully but Cool Reader has disappeared. Know how to solve?

Thank you.
CoolReader will be probably removed from standard update because it is difficult to maintain. I will post a link, where you can download current CoolReader Onyx version as an application if you like it.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #15
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
CoolReader will be probably removed from standard update because it is difficult to maintain. I will post a link, where you can download current CoolReader Onyx version as an application if you like it.
Why not submit the patches you made to the CoolReader project? Then they'll probably integrate them, and the default Play Store program will support the reader out of the box.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote