Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Eany
Eany began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
How to fetch news in AZW3 format?

Hi,

I fetch news feed in Hebrew and it can be read on my Kindle Paperwite or Kindle Android app only in AZW3 format.I have tried
to edit the recipe and did not manage do to it (I want to download the AZW3 file from my library on the cloud or if is any possibility- to send it to my KINDLE). What is the best way to do it?

Thank you
Eany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Amazon does not support periodicals in awz3 format. Download your news in epub and convert it to azw3, then you can read like like a regular book, without any periodical specific features.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
Eany

Thank you kovidgoyal,

My main question was how to download the news (I know how to do this in mobi format) and then automatically convert it to azw3.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

News will be downloaded in whatever format you have set as the output format in Preferences->Behavior

Change it to epub and news will be automatically downloaded in epub. You can then have calibre auto deliver it to your kindle email address and amazon should do the conversion to azw3 for you.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
News will be downloaded in whatever format you have set as the output format in Preferences->Behavior

Change it to epub and news will be automatically downloaded in epub. You can then have calibre auto deliver it to your kindle email address and amazon should do the conversion to azw3 for you.
Amazon will automatically do the conversion to MOBI.

Send-to-Kindle has some ridiculous flaws like not having been updated with the entire rest of the Kindle ecosystem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
Eany

Thank you.I have managed to fetch news in EPUB format but is it possible to fetch the articles directly in a AZW3 format with no need to convert manually from EPUB to AZW3? (as I previously explained then I will be able to use the AZW3 from the Calibre library on the cloud).
Old 10-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, there is no way to auto-download news in azw3, short of using the command line. That will not change until amazon natively supports azw3 as a periodical format.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:45 PM   #9
sup
Connoisseur
sup began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2012)
Did Amazon ever started to support that?
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Nope.

Tags
conversion, hebrew, kindle, news