Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #2746
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
And no hero ever invites the antagonist over to a party (unless it is a cunning plot to assassinate him.)
That's the antagonist inviting the hero over to try to kill the hero.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #2747
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I am an Irrational Optimist in that I am irrationally optimistic that we won't get the new book until sometime in 2014.
That's not optimism, is the problem.

Quote:
I hold that there is a sensible hero, SOMEWHERE, who will finally turn the table.

I just haven't found him yet.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #2748
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
However, we're considering handling the issue eschwartz alluded to by offering the offender a position within the order. We have bridges that need policing.

A-hem.
I have decided for mercy.

He is now the Loyal Opposition.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #2749
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's not optimism, is the problem.
Actually both are optimism. Just for different things. So we can say we have no pessimists because we are both optimistic that we are correct.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #2750
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
I am an Irrational Optimist in that I am irrationally optimistic that we won't get the new book until sometime in 2014.
Quote:
Quote:
Actually both are optimism. Just for different things. So we can say we have no pessimists because we are both optimistic that we are correct.
In accordance with my duties as Title Processor, I hereby grant you the full title of:

Loyal Opposition and Bearer of Inscrutable Logic

and thank the Secretary for the naming of the former.

I advise you not to take for granted the clemency you've been shown here today. The tides, they are fickle. And I hear that Lady President has an entire pack of hellhounds at her disposal.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #2751
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
In accordance with my duties as Title Processor, I hereby grant you the full title of:

Loyal Opposition and Bearer of Inscrutable Logic

and thank the Secretary for the naming of the former.

I advise you not to take for granted the clemency you've been shown here today. The tides, they are fickle. And I hear that Lady President has an entire pack of hellhounds at her disposal.
I scoff at hellhounds. I have a large family of wolves at my command. They'll eat hellhounds for breakfast.

Logic dictates that Skin Game will be out when the publisher publishes it.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #2752
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Logic dictates that Skin Game will be out when the publisher publishes it.
I'm changing your title to Captain Obvious.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #2753
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Oh damn! I forgot to walk the hellhounds!

Come Fluffy, Sprinkles, Marmalade and Fred!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #2754
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Oh damn! I forgot to walk the hellhounds!

Come Fluffy, Sprinkles, Marmalade and Fred!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #2755
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I'm changing your title to Captain Obvious.
And I'm changing it to I Told You So.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #2756
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
And I'm changing it to I Told You So.
After I extended the olive branch of peace?!?!?!?!

Let us cast out this ungrateful villain!!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #2757
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Let us cast out this ungrateful villain!!!!
Nope, sorry.
Old 11-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #2758
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Nope, sorry.
You bubble burster.

What does it take to get a proper witch hunt going around here anyway???

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-10-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 AM   #2759
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
What would one call an optimistic pessimist?
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #2760
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
What would one call an optimistic pessimist?
A contradiction in terms?

Whoever it is, he's just saying that to be controversial, and I will have to release the hounds of JSWolf on him. Assuming they stop misbehaving, that is. This sounds like it's just up the alley of the Bearer of Inscrutable Logic. If only he would play nice with us.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy