Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #2716
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool FaerieCon and Goodreads

Quoted from jim-butcher.com
Quote:
FaerieCon and Goodreads
Nov 08, 2013

Cold Days is a nominee for “Best Paranormal Fantasy” in the Goodreads Choice Awards! Jim is in excellent company, sharing the field with Seanan McGuire, Kevin Hearne, and other all-around awesome authors. The first round ends this Saturday, so don’t forget to vote for your favorites!

Also, Jim is in Hunt Valley, Maryland, for FaerieCon this weekend! Here’s his schedule:

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 8th

2:00-3:00 Workshop: Heroes and the Other Guys: Creating Protagonists and Antagonists

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9th

1:00 – 1:45 Panel: Seelie and Unseelie: Choosing Sides in Faerie
Contributing Authors: Jim Butcher, Charles deLint, Melissa Marr, Sarah Zettel

2:00-3:00 Spotlight on Jim Butcher

4:00-5:30 Jim Butcher Autographing

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 10th

11:30 – 12:15 Panel: Faerie in the Marketplace
Contributing Authors: James Owen, Gavin Grant, Jim Butcher, Melissa Marr, Annette Curtis Klause

12:15-1:45 Jim Butcher Autographing
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #2717
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The irrational optimist believes Skin Game will be released in:
25 DAYS!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #2718
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
25 DAYS!
Got some more info for you... For the last years the process after Jim entered the manusscript took about 4 months. Jim has not sent the manusscript to the publisher yet, it is not yet finished. So, I am afraid end of February/early March is even more likely.

Oh well, I would rather have him take his time and deliver the goods than rushing it. Or, as we say in dutch: 'Wat in het vat zit, verzuurt niet.' No idea what an English verb come close though. I guess something like 'forbearance is no acquittance', although that is not really it. It is more that it will be worth the wait in the end.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #2719
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
25 DAYS!
I love and applaud your enthusiasm. I hereby declare you Officiating Secretary of the Irrational Optimists Club.

Who else wants a title, while I'm handing them out?

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #2720
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I love and applaud your enthusiasm. I hereby declare you Officiating Secretary of the Irrational Optimists Club.

I'll apply for Librarian of Trivia Emeritus.

Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #2721
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:

I do! I do!!!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #2722
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I do! I do!!!
Me too!
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #2723
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay. Alan's already chosen his title, although I was planning to name him President and Chief Archivist.

Cowboy, you have the great honor of being named Great and Benevolent Progenitor of the Legacy.

red, you are now named Chief of the IOC's Firebird Division, due to your efforts to help all of us ensure that this thread never truly dies, but always rises again.

And though Leah hasn't yet requested a title, I think it goes without saying that she is the Official Fairy Godmother of the Club.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #2724
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool titles

Quote:
Okay. Alan's already chosen his title, although I was planning to name him President and Chief Archivist.
Nyssa should be President and you should be Chief Archivist.

Quote:
Cowboy, you have the great honor of being named Great and Benevolent Progenitor of the Legacy.

red, you are now named Chief of the IOC's Firebird Division, due to your efforts to help all of us ensure that this thread never truly dies, but always rises again.

And though Leah hasn't yet requested a title, I think it goes without saying that she is the Official Fairy Godmother of the Club.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #2725
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim Butcher quotes...

“Paranoid? Probably. But just because
you're paranoid doesn't mean there
isn't an invisible demon about to eat
your face.”
― Jim Butcher, Storm Front

Old 11-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #2726
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
“Paranoid? Probably. But just because
you're paranoid doesn't mean there
isn't an invisible demon about to eat
your face.”
― Jim Butcher, Storm Front

That's one of my all time favorites!!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #2727
AlbertaCowboy
Guru

Quote:
Nyssa should be President and you should be Chief Archivist.

Quote:

I LOVE it!
All nominations for titular roles seconded! (Or thirded, as the case may be. )
Old 11-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #2728
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Dresden Short Stories

Quote:
I just finished re-reading Side Jobs and was going to follow it with Ghost Story but instead I've decided to first re-read the 6 short stories (Curses, Even Hand, AAAA Wizardry, B is for Bigfoot, I Was a Teenage Bigfoot and Bigfoot on Campus that have only been published in separate anthologies) and the excerpt from Bombshells (which will be published on December 3rd) first.

For my own convenience I've combined the above 6 stories and the excerpt into a single volume which I call Dresden Short Stories so I can read them as a collection on my PW.
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover_Short Stories.png
Views:	199
Size:	522.1 KB
ID:	114920

Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #2729
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

The Dresden Files Irrational Optimists Club
Roster as of 11/9/13

Nyssa - President
Alan - Librarian of Trivia Emeritus
CWatkinsNash - Chief Archivist and Title Processor
eschwartz - Officiating Secretary
AlbertaCowboy - Great and Benevolent Progenitor of the Legacy
red_phoenix - Chief of the IOC Firebirds
leanansidhe - Official Fairy Godmother

In accordance with my duties, I hereby submit this record to the most permanent and unforgiving of all archives, The Internet.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #2730
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
The Dresden Files Irrational Optimists Club
Roster as of 11/9/13

Nyssa - President
Alan - Librarian of Trivia Emeritus
CWatkinsNash - Chief Archivist and Title Processor
eschwartz - Officiating Secretary
AlbertaCowboy - Great and Benevolent Progenitor of the Legacy
red_phoenix - Chief of the IOC Firebirds
leanansidhe - Official Fairy Godmother

In accordance with my duties, I hereby submit this record to the most permanent and unforgiving of all archives, The Internet.
My name is Nyssa and I approve of this message!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy