Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 03:46 PM   #571
Thelele
Thelele has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Likebook Mars
I'm hesitant to enable the Play store due to possible impact on the battery life, any observations there?
Thelele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #572
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelele View Post
I'm hesitant to enable the Play store due to possible impact on the battery life, any observations there?
No it's just like any other app the most it can do is if you have it set to auto update apps(I never do) then it will do that in the background. I use google services heavily for work so its Nice to have the framework on it for me anyways. If it would start to cause some issue you can just revert it and it should just disable the app.

Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2019, 05:11 AM   #573
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
It is fully fledged 6.0 it just has a skin over most of it and does not have the traditional notification shade. To get the Play Store follow this to get the framework installed so that it will show up and work. I grabbed these shots off ADB. It also has a stock settings location vs the Boyue one as well, I for instance turned on developer options then turned all animations to .5x speed like I do on all android devices I use.

Malcolm
Thank you Malcolm! At the risk of being ignorant how did colour appear on the screen shots?
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:22 AM   #574
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
Thank you Malcolm! At the risk of being ignorant how did colour appear on the screen shots?
I used the adb command to take the shot then got it off the device. The os is in color all the time just the ui skin boyue made is grayscale and the non stock apps are full color as they have no theme to the icons. The os is normal but the eink display is incapable of displaying anything but grayscale.

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190116-021653_Chrome Canary.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	330.7 KB
ID:	169127  
Old 01-22-2019, 03:15 AM   #575
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Note and likebook mars
Hello, I am writing to you because I have a small problem. I have an e reader likebook mars as a Christmas gift, but I can not install google play. I contacted Boyue directly and they told me to check if I had the updated firmware version (it's updated), and they gave me the instructions to follow and the instructions to activate google play services. It turns out that I finally can not do it, since the e-reader is the Chinese version. They told me that there are instructions and software to be able to change it to the international version that accepts google play services, but that they can not directly supply it to me even though they tell me that the seller can. My problem is that being a gift I do not know the seller. Could someone from the forum that had the problem share with me the software and the instructions? Thank you.
Sorry for my bad English

Last edited by jilgo; 01-22-2019 at 06:21 AM.
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #576
psychowood
Enthusiast
psychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmospsychowood has become one with the cosmos

Device: Likebook Mars
I've bought two recently from AliExpress, shipped form Spain, received in Italy in less than a week.

Turn on, update, reboot, enable Google Framework under App Settings, Play store fully functional.

Last edited by psychowood; 01-23-2019 at 04:05 AM.
psychowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #577
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilgo View Post
Hello, I am writing to you because I have a small problem. I have an e reader likebook mars as a Christmas gift, but I can not install google play. I contacted Boyue directly and they told me to check if I had the updated firmware version (it's updated), and they gave me the instructions to follow and the instructions to activate google play services. It turns out that I finally can not do it, since the e-reader is the Chinese version. They told me that there are instructions and software to be able to change it to the international version that accepts google play services, but that they can not directly supply it to me even though they tell me that the seller can. My problem is that being a gift I do not know the seller. Could someone from the forum that had the problem share with me the software and the instructions? Thank you.
Sorry for my bad English
So you cannot see the setting for Google framework by following my picture guide?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=570

Malcolm
Old 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #578
jilgo

Thanks Malcom!.
No, I can´t see it. I have the latest version of firmware but I still have the problem. I follow the instructions that tell me and in "App" --- "User Settings" --- "Apps" --- "Configure apps" -I do not get the option to enable google framework.
The firmware version that I have installed is:
BYRead -V1.0.5-2018121411

and I do not see the option in the configuration to enable google framework

I contacted Boyue directly and they told me that my e-reader has the Chinese version.
There is software to solve this, but i don't know the seller to obtain it, and Boyue don`t send it directly to customers...so I'm lost.

Last edited by jilgo; 01-22-2019 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #579
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilgo View Post
Thanks Malcom!.
No, I can´t see it. I have the latest version of firmware but I still have the problem. I follow the instructions that tell me and in "App" --- "User Settings" --- "Apps" --- "Configure apps" -I do not get the option to enable google framework.
The firmware version that I have installed is:
BYRead -V1.0.5-2018121411

and I do not see the option in the configuration to enable google framework

I contacted Boyue directly and they told me that my e-reader has the Chinese version.
There is software to solve this, but i don't know the seller to obtain it, and Boyue don`t send it directly to customers...so I'm lost.
Download and install these with framework first, services, then play store then reboot device and try to add a Google account. Worth a shot. You need to first enable unknown sources in android settings security.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/ pick no dpi.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/ no dpi

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/ no dpi [0]

Let us know if ones won't install.

Malcolm
Old 01-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #580
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I bought Likebook Mars as my secondary device from Amazon (Germany) last week. I also have an Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro (4 GB RAM) which I use for my main work. I am facing a few issues with the Likebook Mars and I was wondering if anyone has some helpful advice please.
1. Likebook Mars does not shut down it hangs on the shutting down the device but never powers off. Mostly it hangs and then just restarts. Is this normal? When I bought the device I updated the firmware the current version is: V 1.0.5-2018121414.

2. I had no issues getting Playstore enabled. Most apps install on Likebook Mars but for some reason the following apps don't work: Duolingo, Youtube, Memrise. I have no problem running Microsoft word, Onedrive, Babbel, Excel. Most youtube videos work on the chrome browser on likebook mars but not all of them I get a playback error. I have tried several factory resets and clearing the cache (chrome and youtube apps).
[I have no issues on my Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro which is running Android 6.0.1.]

I am wondering if I need to reinstall the firmware and hope it fixes the issues. I have contacted Buoyue on two different emails yesterday and today, but I have so far not had a reply. I am kind of thinking about sending it back but I rather fix these issues if I can. I use it during the night and as a support screen.

So any advice or help with this will be really appreciated. Can I download the firmware from a support site? Thanks in advance!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #581
Faeryink
Zealot
Faeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmosFaeryink has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I bought Likebook Mars as my secondary device from Amazon (Germany) last week. I also have an Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro (4 GB RAM) which I use for my main work. I am facing a few issues with the Likebook Mars and I was wondering if anyone has some helpful advice please.
1. Likebook Mars does not shut down it hangs on the shutting down the device but never powers off. Mostly it hangs and then just restarts. Is this normal? When I bought the device I updated the firmware the current version is: V 1.0.5-2018121414.

2. I had no issues getting Playstore enabled. Most apps install on Likebook Mars but for some reason the following apps don't work: Duolingo, Youtube, Memrise. I have no problem running Microsoft word, Onedrive, Babbel, Excel. Most youtube videos work on the chrome browser on likebook mars but not all of them I get a playback error. I have tried several factory resets and clearing the cache (chrome and youtube apps).
[I have no issues on my Onyx Boox Max 2 Pro which is running Android 6.0.1.]

I am wondering if I need to reinstall the firmware and hope it fixes the issues. I have contacted Buoyue on two different emails yesterday and today, but I have so far not had a reply. I am kind of thinking about sending it back but I rather fix these issues if I can. I use it during the night and as a support screen.

So any advice or help with this will be really appreciated. Can I download the firmware from a support site? Thanks in advance!!
Faeryink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:48 AM   #582
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Hi, I'm interested in the Likebook Mars because of the possibility it could use the Bookwalker app.

Can anyone with the Likebook Mars and Google Play Store test if the Bookwalker app works?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.android.epub

Thanks
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:55 AM   #583
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoreverse View Post
Hi, I'm interested in the Likebook Mars because of the possibility it could use the Bookwalker app.

Can anyone with the Likebook Mars and Google Play Store test if the Bookwalker app works?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...r.android.epub

Thanks
Seems to work fine, page turning is not that slow either I only tested the default book thing as I don't want to sign up to anything. pinch to zoom seems pretty quick too and that is even with A2 mode off. only setting I changed was turned off page flip animation to speed that up. I also turned off the default 3rd party settings for launching the app so that it has no optimizations and it runs fine.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #584
jilgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Download and install these with framework first, services, then play store then reboot device and try to add a Google account. Worth a shot. You need to first enable unknown sources in android settings security.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/ pick no dpi.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/ no dpi

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-apk-download/ no dpi [0]

Let us know if ones won't install.

Malcolm
Thank you very much for your help Malcom, I have tried everything you have told me, but I still can not add google account and the possibility of enabling google framework still does not appear.
I think it will be impossible to install it in my e-reader. As I mentioned from the own Boyue they say that there is a way to install a software that puts the e-reader in an international version, but that they only supply it to the sellers, not to the buyers. And since mine is a gift (I do not know where it has been bought), I can not ask any vendor for the software.
Thank you
Old 01-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #585
rvcjew
Addict

Yeah they are not currently releasing it seems the firmware files, you can't ask who gifted it to you where they got it? I would have thought that boyue knew by serial number who would have had that device in Inventory.

So the apks installed fine though? Once you do it manually you do not enable the framework in the normal location if it had worked. But I guess it must be a system app and you can't manually change it to be one. Normally you would open the play store and it would trigger the account process.

Malcolm